• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done the online K-Mart layaway ?

pandora174

DIS Veteran
I usually use a big chunk of my Holiday bonus for Christmas shopping, some for savings, some for whatever needs replacing & some for vacation.

So this year I want to add more to the "savngs" portion & just signed up for the k-mart lay away for DS Christmas gifts. He'll be 8 & is big on Legos. He already wrote his letter to Santa. I was able to buy his 3 major Legos wishes (darn those Legos are expensive). I also found some deals & added a Lite Brite (my favorite toy as a kid), a remote control truck, Mr Potato Head, a play doh icecream shop ! So I paid a down payment of like $ 27, & then 8 bi-weekly payments of $62. I spent roughly $250. So know I just have to add some stocking stuffers & if I always get some amzazing like 70 % deals through Amazon.

I hope everything works out since I haven't down a layaway since I was a kid with my mom & at K-Mart too :lmao:

I was thinking if this worked out to do the same for my family gifts, & then I'll be all done by the 1rst week of Dec & I can save more (maybe upgrade to the WL vs a moderate & plan our trip to Disney in February !!!

Any experiences with the online layaway ? If anything I'll keep you posted !

I put our grill on Sears layaway last spring. (Same co as Kmart, nowadays) There was a great deal online. It was in a town over. (last one at that store or anywhere near here) I thought for sure that it wouldn't be there when we got there, but it was! I would do it again. Good for you for already working on Christmas. I have birthdays to get past first.

I had no idea they did that woooo hoooo, good to know !!!

OP, my DS8 is a lego fanatic too! I bet yours little guy is excited Lego Land is coming to Florida, I havent told mine about it yet.

DS's bday was last week, almost every present he received was lego , so I will have to wait to purchase anything until Harry Potter sets come out.

His big present will be an Ipod Touch, so I think I will go ahead and put it on layaway .

I had no idea they did that woooo hoooo, good to know !!!

OP, my DS8 is a lego fanatic too! I bet yours little guy is excited Lego Land is coming to Florida, I havent told mine about it yet.

DS's bday was last week, almost every present he received was lego , so I will have to wait to purchase anything until Harry Potter sets come out.

His big present will be an Ipod Touch, so I think I will go ahead and put it on layaway .

You might not want to put the ipod touch on layaway right now, because Apple is going to release new iPods next month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter