Anyone done Y.E.S. Photo Storytelling? Just booked it!

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
So, for the first time my DD14 and I are going to do one of the Y.E.S. classes. There were 3 choices for her age and our schedule. We picked the Fundamentals of Photo Storytelling: Images with Impact at Epcot. on Sept 10th. My DD is interested in photography and maybe it'll help break her addiction to selfies! :rotfl2:

I looked at the numbers at it's a pretty good deal. :cool1:I went with the Premium Package for 6 days. So we will have PH, 6 days in the parks, and 6 plusses. The difference between a 5 and 6 day was only about $27 more. Maybe for the first time we will go to a park on our departure day? Our flights leaves MCO about 5:30 (as usual) and we never like to use up a ticket day on on our non-expiring tickets. The Y.E.S. tickets do expire and can't be upgraded after purchase.

So I paid 664.15 (inc. tax and $34 each for the class) for both of our tickets. If I had bought them at regular pricing it would have been $952 ($426 x 2-I would have to get DD14 an adult tix instead of the student one.) That is quite a savings! Almost $300 and we get to do something different.

This trip will be just my DD and myself for only the 2nd time. My DM74 just went in May with my Dsis and Dnephew 5, and she didn't want to go back so soon. :confused3

We will be there for 9.5 days and we figure on going to IOA/US for 2 days so that leaves 7.5 for all things Disney. We will probably go to the waterparks for 2 days but since they close at 5 we can schedule another park (if open late) or go to DQ.

I did purchase 2-2 day base tix to get "free" Dining but I can save those for a later trip or use them at Disneyland.

Has anyone done this class? Thoughts and/or reviews?

TIA

FYI-I asked to get my tix info so I can book by FP+. I am just under 60 days out. I got a reply I would get it in 24 hours or less. I got it in under an hour. Looks like DD and I will have to make our FP plans this evening after getting back from the OC Fair.

DD and her BFF are doing this at the end of August. There were several available YES classes for them to choose from but after reading the descriptions and looking at reviews online this is the one they picked to take.

Hi! We are looking to potentially plan a trip for this program-- was it worth it and do you think high school students would enjoy it as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter