anyone else a planner/anticipator then procrastinates?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
I just know Im going to wait till the last weekend (or the morn we leave) to actually DO all the things its been suggested we do before cruisin - labeling film, buying over the door shoe holder, etc.
How about you? Have you been doing as you plan? Or do you scramble at the last minute?

Hey Barb,
I start out really good then I fizzle! I did get all of Matt's stuff packed ( in plastic tubs ) I am one of these people that need to divide the clothes evenly thru each suitcase...just in case 1 gets lost not all of one persons clothes are missing! (I do the same thing w/shoes, cant check them all in one bag!) Ok I am crazy!!!
Got all of the docs filled out! That killed all of 10 minutes! We made a reservation at the Radisson for Thanksgiving dinner, I guess it is really good there, so they say!
Are you going to wait until Wed to get serious or are you going to be good?
Talk to you soon! Lau

You just descirbed me on our last trip. ;) Im usually a big planner, who starts packing really far in advance and gets every thing organized. We booked our WDW trip about 4 months in advance and then FIL got sick. When we got down to the point where I should have been bursting with excitement, doing everything, we werent sure if we were going to be able to actually go or not. I couldnt bare to do stuff for the trip, knowing we may have had to cancel at the last minute. In the end, FIL passed away 2 weeks before we were scheduled to leave(it was for the best for him as he was miserable and had no quality of life in a hospital bed in pain). So after we got through all that I had a week & a half to buy, organize, and pack for 3 people(DH does his own). I was panic stricken at first, but it all worked out in the end.
Good luck & get packing! :)

I'm the opposite. I could leave today (if only!). I packed last weekend and just have to add the last-minute things like some of our toiletries and the rest of the socks/underwear. Other than that we're set to go!

Now if only those 34 days would pass just a little quicker!

I'm one of those obsessive planners. I plan everything, research every port and the cruise ship, etc. I've made lists upon lists of things and I'm always running around like a chicken with its head cut off at the last minute.

Tonight [2 days before I leave] I have to go pick up my two way radios. I bought them online yesterday. I also have to get my lime green ribbons because both times I set out for the craft store I got sidetracked and forgot to go.

I've packed, repacked and re-repacked my suitcase. I keep changing my mind about what I want to take and because I saw so many perfect outfits on sale this summer I can't decide.

I do know of course that I will be on the ship and will have forgotten something.

Are you kidding?:p I've been 3/4 packed since May and we are not going until 1/24/03!!

When my boss offered me a last minute cruise out of Boston in September, I could have gone in a heartbeat because I was already packed, but hubby could not change his vacation time on such short notice.:mad:

I've already bought my over the door shoe holder, underwater cameras, sunscreen, room air fresheners, new sunglasses, i.d. lanyard, tons of new clothes, (have to have an excuse to shop) etc. Stuff is in the suitcase just waiting to go!!

My husband says I have OCD:smooth: Ya Think??

I'm a crazy planner/anticipator, but I NEVER pack until the night before. Actually DH and I have gotten so good at packing, it really isn't necessary to pack before that. I make a list of things we'll need, check what's missing, buy it usually the weekend before(that would be tomorrow for us) and that's it. I really can't stress too much about packing, because it would just overwhelm me. I'll be a little more vigiliant, since we'll be on a boat. My attitude is, I'm not going to Siberia, so if I forgot it, I can buy it there!!!

Count me in on this one!!

I think the reasoning behind this is because you wait so long and the anticipation makes you want to plan EVERY detail ... then when the time finally arrives you are jumping out of your skin because you are so excited you just can't focus on the planning and preparation and then you start to procastinate not believing that it is almost here.

This is my thought on the subject - anyone agree??

Lisa

Originally posted by PhillyCB
I also have to get my lime green ribbons because both times I set out for the craft store I got sidetracked and forgot to go.

OK... so can anyone tell me what the Lime Green ribbons are for?

And... Crusier... where did you get your ID Lanyards... i found some at WalMart but my DD's said they were "dorky" (teenagers!)

Thanks...

Jodie

Originally posted by JODIELYN
OK... Crusier... where did you get your ID Lanyards... i found some at WalMart but my DD's said they were "dorky" (teenagers!)

Are you talking about the $0.97 versions? I saw those and still haven't decided whether to buy them. I suppose I could buy them, take them still tagged, and if I don't use them, return them. Obviously, if I do use them, their mine!

Was there another kind (for more)?

The count down is now running in minutes in our house! :earseek:

Paul

JodieLyn,

I got mine at Walmart. They had several different styles, some thicker lanyards and some had thin, neon colored lanyards. I had to look during several different trips as they did not always have them in stock.

If your teenager does not like any of those, maybe you could splurge and get her one of the "cooler" Disney lanyards at the gift shop on the ship.

I'm 41 so everything I buy is probably dorky to most teenagers.;)

I am with you guys on this one! I have lists upon lists. The good news is that I can pack now because most of the stuff is summer clothes and it is definately too cold for that here in Maryland! Unfortunately, I need our suitcases for a quick trip at Thanksgiving, so I can't pack yet!!! I will have 2 weeks to pack once I return from Thanksgiving! :(

Needless to say, I will be running around at the last minute, no matter how much I plan now.

4Cruisin...

How did you attatche KTTW card etc to the lanyard? did you buy a "pocket' thingy? or did you punch a hole in the card?

Originally posted by JODIELYN
4Cruisin...

How did you attatche KTTW card etc to the lanyard? did you buy a "pocket' thingy? or did you punch a hole in the card?

I'll take a shot at this one.... the lanyards I saw at Walmart for the $0.97 had plastic pockets at the end of them. You could slip the KTTW card into it, and then it would seal shut like a ziplock bag. Made it waterproof, if you needed it.

Paul

JodieLyn,

I bought 2 types. One is completely clear and the card slides in and then it has a "zip lock" type closure to seal it. It does not have much room in it for extra $$ or other credit cards but it seems waterproof. The other type is red cloth with a clear window. Again, the card just sides in and it has an actual zipper to close it. This one has more room for $$ and another credit card for excursions.

On both lanyards, there is no need to punch a hole in the KTTW card. The card will slip into the sleeve and then the lanyard is attached by a metal ring to the card holder.

The red one is a little dorky, but my concern was to carry as little as possible on excursions, no pocketbook or waist belt etc.::p

Originally posted by psimon
I'll take a shot at this one.... the lanyards I saw at Walmart for the $0.97 had plastic pockets at the end of them. You could slip the KTTW card into it, and then it would seal shut like a ziplock bag. Made it waterproof, if you needed it.

Paul

I'm guessing these are the ones i saw that my daughter thought were dorky ... basically shoe laces with the pocket at the end...

:(

I don't have time to procrastinate!

I'm traveling on business two weeks before my trip, then for Thanksgiving the week before, returning Saturday to leave again Monday for WDW/DCL! I have a list of things I need to take with me on each trip (most of it will be the same, but I don't think I'll need shorts in Atlantic City in November!), so I can "quick-change" my suitcases. Everything I need to buy was bought way back in July when I was having "trip anticipation", but now that it's so close, I've calmed down and thinking clearly (yeah, right!) If I don't come unglued in the next two weeks, all of my organization will have been worth the trouble!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter