• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else booked for 2021 already?

SoarinSC

DIS Veteran
Ok, yes, I'm OCD and a tad crazy when it comes to booking trips...that being said, I've gone ahead and booked POP for 2021. Granted it's a room only rez but that's my standard procedure anyway so wasn't an issue for me. Just afraid reservations will go faster than normal with the 50th celebration!

Ok, yes, I'm OCD and a tad crazy when it comes to booking trips...that being said, I've gone ahead and booked POP for 2021. Granted it's a room only rez but that's my standard procedure anyway so wasn't an issue for me. Just afraid reservations will go faster than normal with the 50th celebration!

If you don't mind telling me - what was your daily rate for Pop? I'm considering booking now for MLK weekend. Not exactly sure which resort we'd stay in, but your rate could give me an idea of what rates I could be looking at in general.

If you don't mind telling me - what was your daily rate for Pop? I'm considering booking now for MLK weekend. Not exactly sure which resort we'd stay in, but your rate could give me an idea of what rates I could be looking at in general.

The rate quoted would not be the actual rate at this time. Rates for room-only for 2021 will not be finalized until June or July 2020.

MsOnce, it was 142 to 153 per night for weekdays and close to 198 for weekend nights not including tax. According to the fine print of my confirmation email the rate is locked in except for any changes to tax rates or government charges. They have an out close for "errors" in room rates, but the email sounds pretty firm in saying the rate will stay as booked.

MsOnce, it was 142 to 153 per night for weekdays and close to 198 for weekend nights not including tax. According to the fine print of my confirmation email the rate is locked in except for any changes to tax rates or government charges. They have an out close for "errors" in room rates, but the email sounds pretty firm in saying the rate will stay as booked.

Thank you so much! I appreciate your response. It has always been our experience that the rate is locked in -- or as the CM on the phone called it "grandfathered in". Next week we are staying at CBR at the same rate that we booked 499 days prior. :hmghost:

The rate quoted would not be the actual rate at this time. Rates for room-only for 2021 will not be finalized until June or July 2020.

Not true.

When you book room only at 499 days out over the phone for the next year, your rate is locked in UNLESS you make changes such as dates or change it to package.
So if you do room only and want to stay at that rate, buy tickets separately.

Speaking from experience of booking in Feb 2019 for a May 2020 trip. (which has since been changed, but that's another story)

Not true.

When you book room only at 499 days out over the phone for the next year, your rate is locked in UNLESS you make changes such as dates or change it to package.
So if you do room only and want to stay at that rate, buy tickets separately.

Is this new?

I thought they quote the highest price per night for the current year, which should be the Christmas/New Years rate and they adjust it once they publish the rates for the upcoming year

I have never done this, so I may got this wrong when I read about booking 499 days in advance

Is this new?

I thought they quote the highest price per night for the current year, which should be the Christmas/New Years rate and they adjust it once they publish the rates for the upcoming year

I have never done this, so I may got this wrong when I read about booking 499 days in advance

That's what I thought too, but i was wrong!

I just did it earlier this year. My price I booked in Feb 2019 for a May 2020 trip stayed the same even when new room prices came out for 2020- which were much, much higher. Also, turns out the price I booked wasn't even the highest rack rate for 2019. Guest Services even called me to confirm because I emailed because I kept reading different things.

Again, it will change if you make changes to reservation, so you have to be okay with room only I think.

Last edited:
That's good to hear! I've always heard that in order to book further in advance you got the "rack rate."

I wonder when they made the change?

$150 to $200/night for Pop is a great deal from what I've seen recently! Nice work!

No, no reason to book so early. I am booked for May 2020 but not yet for Oct 2020. Thinking of DVC rental so need to think about that soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter