• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else changing mind about cruising Europe this summer?

cyndiloveswalt

DIS Veteran
My family has been booked on a cruise to Norway for over a year. We are supposed to go end of July. We’ve been watching through COVID and finally felt that we would be ok as far as that goes. And now a war has broken out and I’m not feeling very safe even thinking about taking my family to Europe. We are looking at switching to a Caribbean cruise. Anyone else thinking of cancelling and if not do you mind sharing. Its breaking my heart to let this go.

I had a North Euro cruise booked for next year but I moved it to Alaska. I don’t want to stress the COVID situation in a foreign country and definitely don’t want to worry about my family’s safety when I can avoid it. I felt more confident doing the cruise in America with American ports for health and safety reasons.

I was bummed because I booked the euro cruise some time ago and at a very good rate. I actually canceled/moved it before the Ukrainian situation happened for COVID reasons so I feel like it was a good decision for my family even more so now.

We’re booked to fly to Italy in May. We have been waiting to see how the Covid situation was going and how the Italian government was going to handle covid protocols. It looks as though Italy is doing away with the testing requirements to enter the country which we like.

We are spending about two and a half weeks in Italy including a week on the Celebrity Edge to Greece. As I type this I’m on RCI’s Navigator of the Seas out of Los Angeles and it’s been great. Our first cruise since the pandemic. This makes our upcoming trip even more exciting.

We are stationed in Europe. I am ready to cruise but DW still wants to stay away. Dying to do a Greek island cruise!

We are currently booked NCL Mediterranean out of Barcelona in July and honestly I’m 50/50 at this point. Just when I was sure things would be good Covid wise, war breaks out 😫. I’m watching and waiting to see how things unfold and will make a decision closer to.

I'm actually on the other side. If I didn't already have 6 cruises planned this year I'd seriously consider another Barcelona to Rome cruise. As it is I do have a Rhine River Cruise booked for October.

Yes, we're reconsidering. We have B2B Mediterranean cruises booked for June/July to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation. Was finally getting comfortable with the COVID situation and now have to worry about war, ugh. Our final payment is coming up in a few weeks. We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter