Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

I just finished a 4-night trip. Epcot wasn't too bad. Disney's Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom had the lightest crowds I've seen in years. Disney's Hollywood Studios was almost as crowded as a typical summer day, with social distancing lines that snaked over vast areas of the park.

We're going in two weeks, I'm confident despite having no FP we're still going to get on some rides much faster than we would in a normal October. After six months of sitting in the house, eleven days of WDW even under current circumstances is going to be great!

We’ve been going once or twice a week and haven’t had a bad experience yet. Even when we went weekends. It’s like anything else, learning to zig when everyone is zagging.

The only times I’ve seen crowds so big it was hard to social distance, was at park opening and closing. Any place there is tape to tell you where to stand, everyone does. But where there’s no tape, you see bottlenecking.

With no fp, the lines (whether long or short) keep moving, except for when an attraction shuts for cleaning. Wait times posted seem to allow for cleaning, so they are usually less.

I still feel safer at Disney than at restaurant, grocery store or pharmacy, here in Florida.

Thank you for sharing that positive outlook! We're going in December and I think we can still enjoy ourselves, but it is discouraging to read about overwhelming crowds and lines.

I would encourage those of you who have been there and have concerns to email guest services. That is the only way they are going to know they may need to make changes
I sent Guest Relations a letter after our recent trip. I admit now that I would not have gone without having to have to be down in Florida already for my Father who just recently passed, the fact that we have no children to be worried about and the fact that we have originally planned a short land and sea vacation. I would never travel to Florida during this time just to spend money like that.

More disappointed that I didn't get to go when they were super short. :-) Not worried about the crowds; that's gonna happen anyway. Inside is more dangerous than outside. We all have our ycuky masks on and are washing our hands and taking all the reasonable precautions. But I would have liked to have seen the parks during the once in a lifetime chance when they were not packed.

Thank you for sharing that positive outlook! We're going in December and I think we can still enjoy ourselves, but it is discouraging to read about overwhelming crowds and lines.
the feel of the park is very subjective from one person to the next.
If you tell me, personally, that the parks are overwhelmingly crowded I picture MK or Epcot on NYE. They are not that by a long margin.
If you are coming just have realistic expectations, the parks are busy, the attraction lines are long with shorter wait times for the most part from what's posted and there's still space to social distance while walking.
Do not come expecting everything to be a walk on and no crowds anywhere at any time

the feel of the park is very subjective from one person to the next.
If you tell me, personally, that the parks are overwhelmingly crowded I picture MK or Epcot on NYE. They are not that by a long margin.
If you are coming just have realistic expectations, the parks are busy, the attraction lines are long with shorter wait times for the most part from what's posted and there's still space to social distance while walking.
Do not come expecting everything to be a walk on and no crowds anywhere at any time

And be prepared to walk more than normal. Each visit we clocked more than 5 miles walking. If you’re driving, there are no trams. And cars are parked for social distancing then later parked in between.

Attractions are using full queues in order to allow for social distancing, so more walking there too.

I’ve lost weight due to all this extra walking! Still have a lot more to lose.

That's fine, because we will fill your spot. We are pretty much set to go as soon as masks become optional.

Crowds increasing is only worrying me because so few attractions/restaurants/events are happening - so I'm worried about bottlenecks and long wait times.

Agreed, I will not go back until masks are optional and some things are brought back. We have plans as well just waiting on the mask mandate to drop.

With the recent reports, I'm more sure of decision to allow 2 days for HS for our trip next year. We are going with all adults and decided to skip MK this time. We have done all parks many times.
I think we will go into our trip knowing there will be lines.
It is good news for Disney that things are picking up. Just my 2 cents

We were looking to go later this month but couldn’t get the airfare across country to work out with a special ticket fare that we wanted to use. I saw that as a sign that we should not go as the Florida Governor made changes a few days later that we did not agree with. I feel within three weeks Florida will be a mess again. I applaud Disney for still having good common sense on mandatory mask use.

I like Disney but watching the recent Vloggers and hearing their comments and seeing the longer lines and crowds means “no thanks”. Will wait it out for a later date.

To my mind, I am pretty sure that crowds and lines are just going to get bigger and bigger as more people start to travel. So you are waiting for lower crowds that will never be. Even with these increased crowd levels, it is still ridiculously slow compared to what it normally is. I can understand being worried about the virus and not going, but if you are waiting on lower crowds again, it's not going to happen.

I am planning to follow @yulilin3 's advice and arrive early and stay late. Do popular attractions during those times and fill in the rest of the day with other stuff. I also scheduled at least one TS meal per day to give myself a break since I don't plan to go back to the resort mid-day like we usually do. I am not worried at all about crowds.

As long as Disney doesn't lift their mask rule (99.999% sure that won't happen), I'll feel fine going. We're arriving in 2 weeks and the higher waits are a bummer but July/August wasn't going to last forever. Outdoor "crowds" do not bother me all that much- indoor would be a different story but definitely in my control to avoid if I so choose.

Maybe masks can come off for photo ops at least.

I sent them an email making this exact suggestion yesterday (among other things). It'd be super easy to do. Offer it at least in one or two areas of the park. They can have a sectioned off area, and once stationary, the family can take their masks off, photographer snaps the pic (6' away), and then they have to put them back on before moving out of the area. So please email them and make the same suggestion :)

I sent them an email making this exact suggestion yesterday (among other things). It'd be super easy to do. Offer it at least in one or two areas of the park. They can have a sectioned off area, and once stationary, the family can take their masks off, photographer snaps the pic (6' away), and then they have to put them back on before moving out of the area. So please email them and make the same suggestion :)
THIS!! My friend just got back from what was supposed to be her Disney Wedding trip and I found it absurd in all photopass pics her and her DH standing there, alone stationary with a mask on. Yet in her own personal photos 2 feet away are people standing, eating mask off - seems like a no brainer to section off photopass areas that are maskfree.

great idea! Please send me the email address and I’ll send it over.

I also think it’s ridiculous to have to wear masks in photos where there’s no one around. It can be done safely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter