Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

FP+ has mixed reviews I know. But they are life savers with small children just to walk on a ride or wait 5-10 mins.

It means we can get on popular rides and then fill out the day with less popular rides.

Doesn't matter to us if a ride goes down from 80 mins to 40 because of no FP+ our kids ain't gonna wait that long anyway.

The whole mask debate is moot. WDW requires you to wear a mask in the parks, on transportation, and in the resorts...period. You go, you properly wear a mask until WDW says you don't have to.
That could be said about many things discussed on this board. Disney will dictate what happens in WDW. Doesn't mean participants on the boards won't discuss it and give opinion. If you don't care for the discussion, I've always thought that it's best to move along to another discussion. Kind of like another ride.
ie: The whole FP+ debate is moot. WDW requires you to stand in line in the parks for a ride..period. You go, stand in line until WDW says you don't have to.

That could be said about many things discussed on this board. Disney will dictate what happens in WDW. Doesn't mean participants on the boards won't discuss it and give opinion. If you don't care for the discussion, I've always thought that it's best to move along to another discussion. Kind of like another ride.
ie: The whole FP+ debate is moot. WDW requires you to stand in line in the parks for a ride..period. You go, stand in line until WDW says you don't have to.
This is true but this thread is about crowds not masks

Someone else mentioned touring plans changing crowd predictions. I also had a notification that the predicted crowd levels are up for our trip. Epcot went from a 2 to a 6. on a Sat.
The other parks only went up slightly.

Honestly I like parks with a bit of crowds. Some livelihood and cheer. I went in 2008 and WS was completely empty. I have pics with 2-3 people in the background. It was nice but I much prefer to have human interaction.

Atmosphere is great....until I have wait too long for rides or food or I can't navigate around the masses cause most people walk slower than I do. LOL!!!

While I've always loved FP and like that it allows shorter waits for lines, what I'm really hoping for is park hopping (if there is still availability in a specific park). That way, if I randomly picked a super full park, I can just hop to a different park that might provide shorter lines. I don't see why this isn't a possibility and Disney would not be out anything, but possibly making more money on the people that would buy a park hopper option. I have a park hopper ticket right now and won't be able to use it at all because no park hopping is available.
Yes. I love the option to park hop, but I guess it would be hard to control the numbers in each park if that were the case. Hope everything gets back to normal soon. (I know its a pipe dream, but I can dream can't I!)

FP+ has mixed reviews I know. But they are life savers with small children just to walk on a ride or wait 5-10 mins.

It means we can get on popular rides and then fill out the day with less popular rides.

Doesn't matter to us if a ride goes down from 80 mins to 40 because of no FP+ our kids ain't gonna wait that long anyway.
This begs the post about, "when I was a kid"...there was no Fastpass and we waited, and loved it, and couldn't wait to go back.

BUT...
I am really split on the return of FP. The lines DEFINITELY move faster, A LOT faster without it, and just the mere movement makes the line more tolerable. We plain stopped going on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin in DL after Fastpass was introduced because the line just C-R-A-W-L-E-D. It is intolerable, and that's saying something because theming-wise it is arguably the best line in DL. That said, I am split, because my DW will not ride Space Mountain, and I really hate making her wait while I go ride with the kids. FP nearly eliminates that wait and I do love that.

I made the difficult decision to postpone till March (was scheduled 2nd week of November). I was worrying too much. Mostly about the possibility of exposure and then bringing it back to my co-workers and patients upon returning to work right after my trip. I think if I had more time off work to "quarantine" after, I would have still gone.. Decided to rent a beach villa in SC to decompress instead.

Someone else mentioned touring plans changing crowd predictions. I also had a notification that the predicted crowd levels are up for our trip. Epcot went from a 2 to a 6. on a Sat.
My question though is this on "normal" conditions or the "new/current/reduced" crowd levels? In one thread, someone mentioned THanksgiving week at 8/10. I find that hard to believe with so many of the resorts still being closed that it could be a normal 8/10 that we are used to - if this makes sense what I'm trying to say.

It makes sense. It looks like the biggest weekend jumps are at EP and AK, because they can hold more people and that's when locals are more likely to visit. We shifted our plans around to visit MK and HS on the weekend, instead.

My question though is this on "normal" conditions or the "new/current/reduced" crowd levels? In one thread, someone mentioned THanksgiving week at 8/10. I find that hard to believe with so many of the resorts still being closed that it could be a normal 8/10 that we are used to - if this makes sense what I'm trying to say.
Those crowds numbers are based only on average wait times, so it's certainly possible...especially at EP, which can hold a LOT of people.

I don't think things will get better, crowd wise, by having fast pass reinstated. At least the lines are moving at a good rate right now, per these reports. With fp, it will go back to having the standby lines be Huge and moving slowly. At least this way, everyone equally moves along at a good pace. Also, I found with FP's that I usually got 2 good ones out of the 3, and couldn't wait in the extra long standby lines for most others. But I went to WDW before fp, and things seemed to move okay. Some waits were long, but you just decided whether or not to wait, or come back later.
These are just my memories of fp. I guess because everyone waited, it didn't seem like such a big deal at the time. At least now the lines seem to be constantly moving.

I will say we are here now (last Monday through tomorrow), and it is by no means “uncrowded.” However, we got RotR with no issue on Wednesday, and both Tuesday and today in MK, we noticed wait times were often greatly exaggerated. We haven’t waited more than 30 minutes for any ride, although the wait times are often posted as 60 minutes+. We think they are using the wait times as crowd control.

Just got an email from them today. For our now cancelled trip in October, they had all parks and days at a 1. No w they list them as 3-6.
Not sure if that 6 is relative to what they previously were or historical 6.

NOW
Disney does need to either increase ride capacity, which will upset people OR open up the shows

Does an increase in ride capacity have to translate to upset people? Could it mean using all tracks/vehicles, where they are not presently? And still going every other row, but allowing more than a single party per vehicle (ROTR)?

Shows can be sat every other row with spacing between parties

My questions are about decreasing wait times.

Will such increased ride capacity measures be possible and would they help?

Is FP+ even an option to implement with the current queue operation for physical distancing?

Will the new attraction openings help?

Will Disney be opening more restaurants - I hope so OR increasing restaurant capacity - I hope not.

People can say that “it’s not that crowded”, but as a non- local with one trip less than every year, the wait times ARE A BIG DEAL. Im a person who has used FP+ to advantage for every visit and reading about 60-90 minute waits is disappointing. It makes our family want FP+ to make it enjoyable. We have never waited longer than 30 minutes at the height of Spring Break. So picturing those waits on top of COVID concerns - we believe and wear masks - might be a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter