Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

U hit it on the nose here! I am in the group that thought hey Disney in November with a pass holder discount, shorter park hours, no fireworks but low crowd capacity so my sister, niece, daughter and II booked a trip for November, 2nd week but we’ve been watching and now we believe that it is probably not worth it. Yes, we are very disappointed. It has been a horrendous year. My nephew passed away in January at 19 years old. I think we are trying to grasp some sort of happy place for 2020 but I now know that a Disney vacation second week of November 2020 is not it.

Just the loss of a loved one can make for a horrendous year. I hope that time will help heal your heart.

I was hoping crowds would remain low for our trip coming up. Of course I think it's great more people back to work, etc. But I am worried about people not wearing their mask and social distancing.

We don't spend a lot of time in the parks to begin with. We will spend more time at the resort/pool if we feel the parks are too crowded. We have been a ton of times and will be back. Just need a break to get away and use up some points.

I also don't understand - cutting hours - even at home - banks, stores, etc. Aren't they forcing more people to be in an establishment within those limited hours? Oh well.

Be safe everyone.

I was hoping crowds would remain low for our trip coming up. Of course I think it's great more people back to work, etc. But I am worried about people not wearing their mask and social distancing.

We don't spend a lot of time in the parks to begin with. We will spend more time at the resort/pool if we feel the parks are too crowded. We have been a ton of times and will be back. Just need a break to get away and use up some points.

I also don't understand - cutting hours - even at home - banks, stores, etc. Aren't they forcing more people to be in an establishment within those limited hours? Oh well.

Be safe everyone.

Less hours, less shifts. Money saving move.

Be safe everyone.

Inside the pool areas, no guests are wearing masks. We stayed at Pop Century and did not swim at all because the pool was too crowded in my opinion. And that was in August when crowds were still smaller.

There will definitely be times at a park where you are passing someone eating. Yesterday a whole family was single file down Main Street, walking and eating Mickey bars. But 95 percent of other guests were following the rules.

Inside the pool areas, no guests are wearing masks. We stayed at Pop Century and did not swim at all because the pool was too crowded in my opinion. And that was in August when crowds were still smaller.

There will definitely be times at a park where you are passing someone eating. Yesterday a whole family was single file down Main Street, walking and eating Mickey bars. But 95 percent of other guests were following the rules.
We were down a few weeks ago. Stormalong bay looked like a Covid breeding ground and Hurricane Hannah's was even worse. Luckily it rained every afternoon when we got back to from the parks so we didn't have a chance to go in.

and I continue to point out, that although some people may not feel comfortable with the current state of crowds there still hasn't been any outbreaks coming from any of the parks in Central Florida
So, again I repeat, it is all about expectations. For those wishing for lower crowds look what that brought us, 28k CM being fired, the people need to start coming for more things to open up, it really is that simple. Mask compliance is high, hovering around 85 to 95% and social distance can be achieved easily when walking around and with a friendly reminder to your line neighbors in queues

I think the main complaint here is just, in general, having to make lines now when everyone had been so used to the fp system, and that is understandable

Last edited:
Our trip is 30 days from today and we are still considering cancelling.
It's not the crowds that bother me. It's the lines. Without fastpasses or single rider it looks like we'll have to stand in line for an hour or more for the big ticket attractions.
We just don't do that.
I realize more people going is a good thing for Disney but unless they bring back more cast members to increase ride capacity and reopen some shows, it's a no go for us.

It's not the crowds that bother me. It's the lines. Without fastpasses or single rider it looks like we'll have to stand in line for an hour or more for the big ticket attractions.
We just don't do that.
I realize more people going is a good thing for Disney but unless they bring back more cast members to increase ride capacity and reopen some shows, it's a no go for us.

It’s not really just standing in line. Without FP+ the lines move constantly. The only time you’re standing still in line is if you’re in line during a cleaning. In 3 hours yesterday at MK, I walked 6 miles!

We just don't do that.

Our trip is in 41 days. I am also watching and waiting to see what happens. I am undecided because I know I need some time away to chill and relax. This year has been tough at work with furloughs, layoffs, and cut hours. Do I go with no expectations and be happy with what I can do or do I stay local and chill out at a condo in NH and save Disney for our next trip in May. Maybe by then more will be open. Decisions, decisions. At least I still have time to think about it. I hope everyone makes the best decision for their situation.

Not worried at all!

I live here in the north Florida Panhandle on the Gulf Coast and we have been packed all summer. In fact, its one of the busiest summers that PCB, FL has had in years. People everywhere on the beach and out shopping and eating dinners. Its been great to make fun of the "news" all summer watching how they say the country is "shut down" while the Gulf Coast is booming with people traveling and vacationing.

Try going out without a mask and seeing people again. Stop living so sheltered!

Actually wear your mask here in Central Florida and around the country so more can open up. Thousands are losing jobs at Disney and around the country in part because of the country not wanting to wear masks months ago. Had we done that during the shut down in April maybe things would be better by now. I am assuming the cavalier OP statement ----take off your masks and seeing people has not cared for anyone for 3 months who just can't kick it or seen a friend or family member die.

It is better to be part of the solution instead of the problem.. In other words -if we wear masks without complaining we might get to enjoy the things we love about the parks here-meet and greets with characters, parades, the parties, the waterparks, the shows and live music, etc. By doing that maybe the ones getting laid off might be able to come back to work and make life more fun for our guests who visit Central Florida. Our parks are not changing just to shut down as the next surge comes.

We just don't do that.

Yes! This! We are here right now and these lines are killing me, because we have never waited this long. We have come at Christmas twice (and other times) and the most we ever waited was 30 minutes at that time because we knew how to work it with early magic hours and fast passes etc. Without those, this is rough for impatient me and a toddler. This morning we are at HS and did not get a ROR boarding group. Quick service took a good 30 minutes for food. I don't normally do QS, so that might be normal, but the wait and lack of seats cemented my typical TS preference. I know your mileage may vary, but today mask compliance and spacing was better than MK on Friday. You just never know.

With all that said, we are still enjoying the rides despite the masks and rain.

Mask tip. When I came in September, the heat mixed with sweat caused me to have a skin reaction. This time I bought silicone mask inserts off Amazon and world of difference so far. :)

I thought the new phase announced by governor removes the shield requirement for servers at restaurants.

There was no shield requirement in Florida at the state level. That's a Disney policy. They haven't been using shields at Universal. There wasn't even any mask requirement for anyone in Florida at the state level.

Pools do have some chairs removed for social distancing
There was no shield requirement in Florida at the state level. That's a Disney policy. They haven't been using shields at Universal. There wasn't even any mask requirement for anyone in Florida at the state level.
It mind boggling how the US is all over the page on mask wearing despite medical professionals recommending

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is good news means we are getting back to normal. I hope they change the mask policy and make it a suggestion. Then WDW will start to see an increase in people going and they can start to bring back more offerings like fireworks. :)

Exactly.

I'm not sure if some people realize that if things don't start to go back to normal soon you'll see 28,000 more layoffs at Disney and the parks / things we loved pre-covid will NEVER return.

It's basic economics. I respect everyone in personal fear levels. If you're not comfortable, don't go. But the idea of our hospitals getting overwhelmed is long gone. Some have accepted the risk and are going to the parks. If I loved Disney, I'd be extremely happy about that. It means the Disney we loved will survive and hopefully within a year or two our Disney parks experience will be back to what we all want it to be.

I am too bummed about the crowd increase. I am used to meticulously planning our trips, waking up early to snag our FP+, etc. And now not having as much in my control is frustrating, but knowing we don't have to plan quite as much is slightly liberating. We only go to the parks a few hours a day and spend the rest in the pool. Looks like HS will be tough on both days we are planning. It's just a must-do for both of us since DH loves Star Wars and I am dying to ride Mickey & Minnie. We will suck it up those days and relax the others. I booked a cabana at GF on our pool day just in case we feel the crowds are rough in the days prior. Trying really hard to manage my expectations this trip, which I think is the name of the game as long as COVID sticks around.

I am going Thanksgiving week. I'm not super concerned about crowds as much as I am the wait times. We have 2 days at MK, a full day at HS plus our arrival day (hoping to be in park by 1pm), and one day each at AK and Epcot. I will be sorely disappointed if we are not able to ride everything. I have considered cancelling, but my family desperately needs a vacation and I don't want to disappoint my kids by cancelling a fourth trip. I am hoping that Disney begins opening more restaurants and shows to help thin the lines a bit. I'm ok with no FP as long as there are things to shorten the wait times.

Im very concerned!!:confused3 We've had to cancel about 4 trips planned during this crisis. and now our week between Christmas and New Years is also looking bleek:sad2:
From the pics ive seen the crowds look to be ramping up. We're from CT and my daughters a spec ed teacher and i dont know if the school where she works would allow her to miss a day or two to get the results back from a covid test.:sad2:
Im really hoping that the safety of their guests is not being jeopardized for the $$$$$

On a scale of 1-10 I’m like 7 on concerned. Disney does a good job enforcing masks and I don’t mind crowds if people are masked up.

I’m also in a lower risk group and I can stay away from my old folks, if needed.

I just need my Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter