Anyone else concerned about the new prices....

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
I don't have the specific on the price increases. Maybe someone else can post the link to the info...

But it's bothering me that their not raising OKW with the others.... I did expect HH/VB to be lower, but not my beloved OKW.

So I'm wondering if I should sell, to buy the longer expiration periods, so the values remain up. I'm wondering if this is the top of prices for OKW....

Is it time to sell? (and replace with AKV or contemporary etc..)

BUt I wanted to keep it a few more years while GPs are still alive, so maybe 5-10 more years....

Opinions? Goldi

Interesting question. One perspective might be why sell unless you need the extra years. You are trading up in cost.

Let's say you bought 10 years ago. You would have paid $62.75 per point or about $1.40 per point for the remainder of the contract. If you bought resale maybe you paid 85% of that price, so possibly $1.29 per point over the remaining life of the contract.

AKV started at $1.88 per point over its 50 years. Even without adding in selling costs, you increased the cost of your points. You also need to add in the difference in dues over time, which is where the big outlay occurs.

Just something to consider.

Sorry I do not know how to do the links, but these are the prices I was quoted by our guide, Ron!

For current members (before March 5th) - NO price increases until
June 4th!!

AKV = $101 pp - $8 incentive = $93 (min 100 pts.)
SSR = $101 pp - $10 incentive = $91 (min 50 pts.)

BCV = $95
BWV = $95
VWL = $95
OKW = $92
HHI = $92 - $5 incentive = $87 (min. 50 pts.)
VB = $92 - $5 incentive = $87 (min 50 pts.)

For new or prospective members:

AKV = $104 - $8 incentive = $96 (must buy in at 160 pts.)
SSR = $104 - $10 incentive = $94 " "

BCV = $101
BWV = $98
VWL = $98
OKW, HH and VB = $92 (no price increase)

HTH

So I'm wondering if I should sell, to buy the longer expiration periods, so the values remain up. I'm wondering if this is the top of prices for OKW....

Is it time to sell? (and replace with AKV or contemporary etc..)

Opinions? Goldi

Yep. I've got an opinion! :)

IF you have purchased to make money in the future, you could ask value questions. However, I think you need to ask the question: "Does my ownership have value to me?"

The two key questions, I think, should be,
1. Do you want the newer expiration time (is that extra ten years over your present ownership important)? and
2. Do you want a different "home" resort? Many people, like myself, spend the majority of their vacations at their home resorts with their 11 month booking windows.

If you answered yes to one or both of the above questions, then you should look into selling and a newer acquisition. If you are happy where you are at and the later expiration or new home are not important, there's no reason to sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter