• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else crashing Ticketmaster, waiting for Taylor Swift tickets?

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Yeah, we're Swifties, or at least my daughter is, and has been a very long time. Hoped to go with a friend and her family, and out of 5 of us, only 1 got the presale code....and that one person is still in a queue of 2000+. since 10AM local time. SO disappointing. I don't go to concerts, sporting events, (the few Predators hockey games we've been to, my son or husband did the tickets) , and haven't used Ticketmaster myself since 2014, when we went to the last taylor Swift concert, so not familiar with all of this nonsense, but this is CRAZY! I am losing hope as the day goes on....

Yeah, we're Swifties, or at least my daughter is, and has been a very long time. Hoped to go with a friend and her family, and out of 5 of us, only 1 got the presale code....and that one person is still in a queue of 2000+. since 10AM local time. SO disappointing. I don't go to concerts, sporting events, (the few Predators hockey games we've been to, my son or husband did the tickets) , and haven't used Ticketmaster myself since 2014, when we went to the last taylor Swift concert, so not familiar with all of this nonsense, but this is CRAZY! I am losing hope as the day goes on....
I was also in the queue earlier for 2 hours and 45 mins - finally got through at 1245 and got two tickets. It was chaos even once I got through queue to ticket choosing - I would pick two tickets and click and it would say they were gone - that happened twenty times. I finally got two- not great seats, but it really wasn’t a choice at that point. Lucky I got any.

Good luck Swifties!

No one I know even got codes!! It’s crazy. Good luck to everyone - our plan is to look for resale day before or day-of when people who bought them in good faith intended to go and can’t post them (and hopefully not for too much over face value).

one of my BF is trying and he is not having luck.. it's gonna be a mess and lottery luck to get some.

one of my BF is trying and he is not having luck.. it's gonna be a mess and lottery luck to get some.
Once I got through then every time I clicked on tickets then it would say they were gone - so I just frantically clicked and clicked - got nosebleeds way way up high, but I had stopped trying to choose certain seats bc I kept getting denied. It’s chaos!! I did get them though. Keep trying.

Ok we had presale codes for Vegas. Three of us signed up, but only two of us got codes. My daughter and I were on and ready today but the West Coast dates had huge problems and were postponed for several hours.

We actually had a smooth experience when we redid them at 6pm. Other than paying way too much and being in a section that has a complete side view of the stage, it went well. This is a Christmas present for my kids and I and a three day weekend in Vegas with my 18 and 24 year old. I am SO excited to spend this time with my young adult kids.

I managed to get 2 tickets for my daughter today. I was lucky to get the verified fan last night - but I didn’t get my first choice city. I was in the waiting room at 9:35, then in queue from 10 am to 1:25 pm. Same issues trying to get the tickets as others posted. I would get them in my cart and they would get sold before I could check out. I ended up with 2 upper section seats These will be a birthday present for our daughter next month, but they’re not a surprise.

It took my husband almost 3 hours to get tickets today. They shut down the site to fix the issues. It was a mess

It took me 6 hours to get tickets. My queue was completely halted for 2 1/2 hrs. Once I got in, I kept selecting tickets only to have the pop up that another fan beat me to them and they aren’t available. I finally got tickets way in the upper section on the side of the stage, not the best seats but I’m glad I paid $99 instead of the $500 I saw the same section going for on StubHub. And at least my code worked and I didnt get kicked out and sent to the back of the line as I was purchasing—heard many stories like that. It was very frustrating experience. No way is anyone going to be able to buy during the general public sale.

Have no idea what it took to get tickets, but apparently I'm going, LOL.

Definitely not music I want to go listen to, but my daughter is going bonkers about it now, LOL.

Actually, I'm the backup plan. Ex bought 3 tickets and I'll go if the other daughter doesn't, which she probably won't. I'll splurge for her and get a hotel room to spend the night and spend the next day roaming the city.

My middle daughter got a code, but had class so I was elected to try to get the tickets. I logged on at 9:30 and finally got tickets at 2:30. Luckily I didn’t have anything important to do with my day! I got 6 up high and am feeling good that I managed to get those. DH and I will go and DD19 will go with her boyfriend and DD16 will go with a friend. DD22 is going with another group. They have better seats, but paid a lot more. Someone in her group must have had a code too.

No one I know even got codes!! It’s crazy. Good luck to everyone - our plan is to look for resale day before or day-of when people who bought them in good faith intended to go and can’t post them (and hopefully not for too much over face value).

Depends what city you are trying to get tickets for. In Seattle I expect the resale tickets to be outrageous. Probably like $2,500 a ticket. During the baseball playoffs if was cheaper for Mariners fans to buy plane tickets to Houston, hotels, Astros tickets, and meals than it was for them to buy tickets only in Seattle. The number of people here who want to flush unlimited amounts of money down the toilet is sickening and ruining the city.

Sounds like it went better than the Harry Styles presale when presale codes didn't actually mean you could get tickets. :rolleyes: :headache:

My daughter's best friend was in the queue for 8 hours yesterday for Nashville (Just INSANE!). They had about given up with the queue started moving like crazy). They ended up getting very good lower level seats for a reasonable price. Luckily we had thought to make hotel reservations two days ago and let me tell you they have JACKED UP the prices. We are staying outside of Nashville one night for a normal price and then a 20 minute walk from the stadium for the night of the concert. We were looking last night, there isn't a hotel room now to be had anywhere close to the stadiums. I swear it was easier for Harry Styles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter