Anyone else crashing Ticketmaster, waiting for Taylor Swift tickets?

Wow!!

Based on this from the article:
“Ticketmaster explained that more than 3.5 million people pre-registered for the Taylor’s Verified Fan sale, the largest in the site's history. However, the site said, typically, 40 percent of fans invited to purchase tickets actually do so and buy an average of 3 tickets.

This meant 1.5 million fans were invited to buy tickets while the remaining 2.5 million were waitlisted.”

It sounds like 2 things happened -

More fans than the expected 40% redeemed codes and bought tickets

Fans bought more than the average of 3 tickets

That is really unfortunate for those who were waitlisted or not able to get tickets Tuesday.

I wonder what they will do with the remaining tickets. This is insane. Ticketmaster needs to be held accountable for this. This isn’t even close to the first time they’ve had problems ( though not on this scale) and they’ve allowed scalping to run rampant for years. If your system doesn’t work, develop a new one. They certainly make enough money off of the artists and fans to figure it out.

Wow!!

“Ticketmaster explained that more than 3.5 million people pre-registered for the Taylor’s Verified Fan sale, the largest in the site's history. However, the site said, typically, 40 percent of fans invited to purchase tickets actually do so and buy an average of 3 tickets.

This meant 1.5 million fans were invited to buy tickets while the remaining 2.5 million were waitlisted.”

That is really unfortunate for those who were waitlisted or not able to get tickets Tuesday.
When I got tickets yesterday it was like they were adding inventory on the fly for the capital one sale. When I first got into buy there were no tickets showing as available and I kept changing the number of tickets and then they were popping up, but by the time you clicked to buy it they would say they were sold to someone else.

They cancelled general sales for tomorrow. I’m actually really sad… Not for me, but because it would have been the most perfect sweet 16 for my daughter.

Oh well.

I don't find her to be seriously talented at all. In fact, if she wasn't such a naive girl entering that class of people with her dating at her very young adult age, she wouldn't have a career. I think she should be paying John Mayer royalties from many of her songs, LOL.
Which song is that? If musicians need to pay royalties to exes, then even John Mayer would owe Katy Perry royalties for some of his songs.
TS may not be a person’s particular taste of music, just as others don’t care for other musicians. It’s definitely a matter of age and Style. I’m not exactly in her demographic, but would love to go see her concert (I’ll take yours off your hands if you don’t want to go).
In looking at her resume and accomplishments, a career which began at 15- and songwriting even well before then- well before dating adult men I would think. She takes credit for her success and yes, talent. Even if you don’t like her- millions of people don’t nearly sell out 57 (?) U.S. Stadiums for someone who has no talent. And then, just recently

Taylor Swift Makes History as First Artist With Entire Top 10 on Billboard Hot 100, Led by ‘Anti-Hero’ at No. 1​

‘Swift also surges past Drake and The Beatles for the most titles from the top of the Hot 100 in a single week, as her monopoly of the top 10 bests those acts, each of whom infused the top five for a week each in 2021 and 1964, respectively.

Meanwhile, as Swift adds 10 new Hot 100 top 10s, she now boasts the most top 10s among women in the chart’s history, with 40 (surpassing Madonna’s 38). Among all acts, she trails only Drake.”

This has been insane! We (DD and I) had tickets to both loverfest shows, LA and Boston. I had a code for Chicago and my daughters friend had one for KC. I got in to Chicago after about 4 hours and selected ticket after ticket only to get an error code that they couldn’t complete my transaction. DD and her friend had the same issue with KC after waiting 6+ hours in the queue. Those error codes were ridiculous as there was no way to get around them and they made no sense…mine said I wasn’t signed in which I was! Luckily yesterday they were able to use another friends Capitol one card and successfully got 4 tickets to Nashville!!

Back in 2011 I took my DS to see Taylor Swift for his 8th birthday. At that point there were none of these issues, we got 6th row, lower bowl right by the second stage for 80 bucks each . I didn’t even rush to buy right away back then, I thought it over for quite some time because 160 was more than I usually spent for a birthday gift back then…ahh the good ole days!!

This has just been a disaster all around although no matter what they would have done people would be upset…there are far more people who want to see her than seats available. I don’t know much about concert tickets as I’ve only ever gone to a handful in my life but it seems they could eliminate alot of problems by only allowing resale for face value…it’s understandable people’s plans change and they need to sell, but buying just to flip and make a huge profit is disgusting.

Not me. Talented? Yes. Beautiful? Yes. Successful? Yes. She is someone that at first I really liked, but now wish she would just go away. I'll get the wrath here from all the Swifties, but my opinion is that she is a whiney drama queen always crying the victim. I'll stick with Shania Twain, Stevie Nicks, and Annie Lennox (Yes I'm old).

Wow!!

You lost me on the math, LOL! "more than 3.5M", but if there are 1.5M and 2.5M then it's better to say 4M, not "more than 3.5M". That might be their problem right there :rotfl2:

This whole thread is hilarious, BTW. This is why she is so successful - the cult that follows her every move. Today was a fairytale, today was a fairytale, today was a fairytale.., If the girl wasn't blonde and skinny, would she be so successful? We know autotune is her best friend;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter