• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else frustrated with F&W?

We were there on Monday and didn't think the food lines were bad at all. We are back Wednesday and Friday. We'll see if its any different.

Now I feel called-upon to tell my best Food & Wine story. We're "locals" but still have at least an hour-and-a-half drive depending on traffic, so we usually head out before the real fun starts, but one year..

I was in line behind several young woman, one of whom had her foot in a monstrous cast and was in a wheelchair. It wasn't a F&W booth, just the regular one in France that sells crepes; I was settling for a crepe before we left because the booth lines were so long. The line was still pretty long but not as bad as those for the festival booths.

During the wait I was kept entertained by the drunken antics of the girls in front of me. When we got almost to the front, they conferred about what they were going to get, but they couldn't figure out from the little F&W pamphlet what alcoholic drinks were offered there. I informed them that this wasn't a festival booth and that they didn't sell any alcohol. They were hilariously dismayed. I pointed them in the direction of the France booth and the two ambulatory girls rushed off to get in line. The wheelchair-bound girl hollered after them not to leave her and they came back for a minute. They started to push her but she said an expletive and hopped up out of her wheelchair and said she wasn't going to use it anymore, that it was going to take forever to drink around the world if they had to push her all the way. I tried to convince them that she should stay in the chair, but they abandoned it and took off.

I know she was feeling no pain at the time, but I have to think that that leg was probably hurting her a lot the next day. I just hope she didn't re-injure herself.

Is it really any different than it’s been in the past? I feel like I’ve been reading posts like this every fall for a decade?

Eh, maybe? Just based on my own observations, we have seen drinking around the world groups and few who have had too many on every F&W trip we’ve done. Although the number of those groups seems to have increased over the years. Where we used to see maybe one or two, now we see a dozen plus each day we’re there. But then again, maybe in the past we just were there on days that fewer drinking around the world groups visited, so who knows!

I do think that Disney has done a great job in the last decade or so increasing their appeal to the 20-something crowd. When I was in my 20s going to Disney back in the early-mid 2000s, my friends thought I was crazy since Disney was only for little kids, and in the parks it was pretty rare to see groups of people my age. Nowadays it seems 20-somethings make up half the people in the parks, especially in Epcot (maybe even more than half at that). I only wish Disney was more appealing for my friends back in the day, we would 100% be a group drinking around the world! (Responsibly of course 😊)

Haha! I don’t know why I find that so funny, but I do

That was a crazy F&W (20th anniversary). Walk out of the American Adventure and 2 drunk guys are duking it out in front of Liberty Inn (now Regal Eagle) knocking tables over. Next we hear someone is climbing the pyramid. Fun times

We went in October 2019 and it was a one and done for me because of the atmosphere.

I'm just not used to so much public intoxication.

For someone who goes to clubs and/or parties, it's not a shock and doesn't seem odd.

For us, it was uncomfortable.

I was disappointed with this behavior as well. Last time we went we watched a group of young girls 22 ish drinking around the world. They stopped at a stand and had a shot where one girl proceeded to vomit all over the stand counter where the CM puts the food and many put purses to dig in wallet for money They wiped it up a bit and the CM did nothing. I gagged when I thought of the next person coming up to the stand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter