Anyone else get nervous before going?

Disrookie0704

Mouseketeer
Our trip is coming up very soon now and I'm getting nervous about everything....the flight, the weather, the crowds...Is this normal? Probably b/c I haven't been in 22 years (when I was a kid), but it's just bugging me...HELP ME FEEL BETTER!:(

I feel nervous too! Can't say its been 22 years, although it has been 8. It has been so long for both of us I guess WDW will be even more magical.

I think it is natural to be apprehensive - I want my holiday to go well/perfectly. But I've realised the only way it will be fun is if I accept that the next two weeks will not be completely trouble free. When have any of us had a week or two where everything goes perfectly 24 hours a day?

I know you are not alone in this because I have seen many posts of a similar nature.

So just

feel :D, be :smooth:, have a :drinking1 and go :jumping1:

I plan all year for my annual early December solo trip. I start to worry around Thanksgiving because I don't want to go to any family Thanksgiving dinners if anyone is sick. I always ask my Mom if anyone has a cold before I go to dinner.

I don't have children; my two cats are my kids. About a week before vacation suddenly I don't want to leave my DH or the kitties for my
*treasured* one week solo vacation.

I don't relax until I'm actually on the airplane.

i'm getting nervous already, as i usually do!

i start to think about all that has to be done at home (dh doesn't go), so that he will enjoy his time too and not have to worry about landry, etc.

then i think about everything that i need to do at work-i'm the only social worker in a long-term care facility and they just cover my job by referring to whoever can handle the issues that come up. i face a TON of paperwork when i get back, as well as catching up on admissions, discharges, etc.

next, i worry about my budget! have i got everything covered? gas, fast food on the way, vouchers once we're there? spending money and disney dollars? money for mugs?

have i packed everything we'll need? enough clothes? prescriptions? everyones teddy bear and favorite blanket (and kids are 15 & 5!)? toothbrushes? film? ap's? waaaah!

so, yeah, i worry, lol! by the time we get there, i need to be medicated for anxiety and the house of mouse is just the cure!!!

Well it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone.

Believe me, I'm excited but I just want everything to work out well and for everyone to have a good time!

Like DH always tells me, "you worry too much!"

Thanks for the listening and support, guys!

Hope you all have a great time!

I always get nervous too...
i dont really like to fly that much... well... at all. Once we get going though i take a deep breath and try and relax. Once we get under that big purple arch though... all the worries go away.

Have a great trip!

I'm getting a lil nervous the closer it gets, always worrying about those "what ifs" and so forth. DH takes things with a grain of salt and just goes on about his daily rituals. Sometimes I cant tell if its a good ole case of the nerves or just butterflies causing me to be excited either LOL.

I was ill during a previous trip with a heavy cold and now I get paranoid being around anyone with the slightest hint of a cold near our leave date.

we're just four long days away from leaving on our trip and i'm so excited, anxious and just plain off the wall. i've packed and repacked and gone over all my must do lists a number of times. i too am very paranoid before going away, if a person so much as coughs near me i freak out about germs. IS IT TIME TO GO YET!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :hyper:

...I dont know if Im excited anymore:headache:
Im already worry for everything :crazy:
and to complete the picture now I had bronquitis and Im really sick...:worried:
Im already packed and have my lime green buttons and everything and ....
I wanna go the the airport NOW:hyper:
ok you are not alone Im with you all the way I hope you and everyone had a magic trip:wizard:

Ill be wearing lime green mickey head buttons so wacth out!!!:magnify:

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '07/02/2004 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=fuchsia>Watch out Mickey...I`m coming!! :wave: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :Pinkbounc :wave:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Go Mickey go Mickey!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

I can't really tell anymore if I'm nervous, worried, anxious or just excited. I feel like I've planned everything so NOW I'm worrying if I've overplanned!

But I still can't wait to get on the road!

Barbara

I worry until I get on the road. Have I packed enough? Do we have enough money? Where are the birth certificates for the cruise? I'll be fine when we pull out of the drive. :Pinkbounc

missydisney, I'm the opposite - it's when we pull out of the driveway that I get nervous! Do I have the passes? Where's my Passporter? Did I pack everything? :hyper:

I should be nervous because my house is a disaster right now, I haven't begun packing and I haven't copied my passes or any of that yet. Instead, I'm laid back and getting everything done slowly but surely. I've got my Disney music on and I'm just really happy. I'll probably get nervous on the way to the airport (I always do). I worry that we didn't leave early enough for the flight or that we'll hit an unexpected traffic jam and be late.

so nervous. I'm having the usual anxieties (ie: pack everything, will the weather be okay, stay healthy, etc.) But, this is my boyfriend's very first time and I'm really nervous about that. Will he enjoy it as much as I do? Will the lines overwhelm him? Will he think it's all childish? I've really tried to put in as much "adult" activities in there as possible, but I still have those worries.....

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one!!!:grouphug:

I'm sure this vacation will be everything we all hope it will be!!

Kim

Add me to the list of pre-trip worriers! I worry about the same things everyone else does...health, $, flight, etc. I also worry that everything will be okay at home while I am gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter