Anyone else hate Jungle Cruise?

DisneyPrince1982

DIS Veteran
I get quite a few folks love it but it's just not working for me. If it was just a boat ride observing the animals and just relaxing, I could take it. But the awful humor and the corny jokes just grate me. Maybe I'm alone in that feeling?

Maybe not alone, but definitely in the minority. It's a classic that survives the test of time. After all these years, whenever we have a torrential downpour and I see the rainwater sheeting off the roof, all I can think about is "the backside of water". :-)

Nope not alone-can't stand it. It does not help that last year I was standing waiting to get on and it was later in the evening and I saw a GIANT cockroach (or what looked to be a cockroach) scurry across the back of the boat. There was no enjoying that ride at all. All I could think about was that bug! My kids don't like it either and they are 11 and 5.

I personally love the ride, but everyone has a different perspective when it comes to humor. Many Disney rides, if introduced today, would not be successful. But, over the course of time, they have developed classic status. Jungle Cruise is one of those rides. People that like it the most have probably either experienced it themselves as a young person in the 70's and 80's or had the love for the ride passed on by a parent that loved the ride.

Hate is too strong a word, but if I never set foot on it again I'd be fine.
(Hmm - I actually feel that way about most of WDW. Let me try again.)
Hate is too strong a word, but we very often skip it.

For us (early 50s), we rarely go to Magic Kingdom but when we do, this attraction isn't high on the list until we get to the "we haven't done that one in a while" stage. So, every five-ten years is OK with us.

I don't hate it, but it's one of my two least favorite rides. It doesn't help that last time we went (January of this year), we waited 55 minutes for it when the wait time was listed as 20. The line didn't look too bad, but it had been many years since I'd ridden it and I forgot that the line wraps around in that separate area you can't see from the front. Never again!

I can understand not liking it. It wasn't high on my list until I rode on it when they were having technical difficulties (the boat motor wasn't working so well so we had an extra extended nighttime jungle cruise) and there were extra puns and corny jokes. That being said, if it's not your style then you can always skip it. To each their own.

I can understand not liking it. It wasn't high on my list until I rode on it when they were having technical difficulties (the boat motor wasn't working so well so we had an extra extended nighttime jungle cruise) and there were extra puns and corny jokes. That being said, if it's not your style then you can always skip it. To each their own.

I kind of just wish we would do away with the narration and jokes. And just have a little boat that drove itself around, took in the animals and jungle sounds, and then dropped us off back at the front. Would likely be a favorite.

I kind of just wish we would do away with the narration and jokes. And just have a little boat that drove itself around, took in the animals and jungle sounds, and then dropped us off back at the front. Would likely be a favorite.
See - that would totally ruin it for me. The animals are all poorly done animatronics. The narration IS the ride for me. Without it, it would be like sitting through Rocky Horror Picture Show without audience participation.

Hate it - no
Love it - no

We did it for the first time with the kids last trip, I was cracking up. Our tour guide was really funny. Not sure if they improv at all but I found it hilarious, but a must do - definitely not.

Now I am in the minority and hate POC

I am going to take the advice to try it at night. I remember liking it as a child. But it perplexed my kids the first time they rode it because we had gone to AK the first day (low crowd) of our week. I could take it or leave it. We ride it because hubby can't ride the mountains and he likes it.

I think the skipper and their delivery really makes it or breaks it. I was all excited to go on it recently after not riding for several years, and it ended up just being so-so. We will definitely ride it again, but it's bumped down a bit in our list of priorities. It's a good use of a 4th FastPass though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter