Anyone else having shipping issues with online retailers this year?

I've done OK with my on-line orders. JC Penney ordered this past weekend and items are arriving or according to tracking should be delivered Monday. One that wasn't due to arrive until January is showing shipped and is showing delivery between today and Tuesday...we'll see what happens.

Macy's, Target, Barnes and Nobles, Sephora..all ordered less than a week ago and either delivered already or as per tracking in on route. Walmart online stuff is arriving.

Walmart..site to store pickup. Joke. I ordered 5 things that started out as pickup 12/14. Before I could even complete checkout 2 of them got moved to pick up in store after the 19th. 3 of them still said pick up in store on the 14th. Then I got the confirmation emails but those said wait to get either a text or email saying you can pick up your order. Today is the 20th..still no text or email to pick up.

I did go to the store to see if they actually did have the order but nope. I ended up going back to electronics and just bought the items. The person working in electronics said "yeah, we have over 125 orders to pick, we'll never get to them all.

My only issue this year was a drugstore.com order on Cyber Monday.
Ordered 4 pillow pets that turned out to be backordered so I ended up cancelling the order a week later.

Amazon.com - I ordered an item on Sunday with regular shipping and it arrived Monday!
:)

Finish Line, Sports Authority, Lids, Champs (all sporting goods companies - my son is having a happy Miami Heat, Portland Trailblazers, Seattle Seahawks Christmas) were all amazing! My biggest yippee is Finish Line - ordered something that I was sure was going to be cancelled as I got the last one (put it in my cart and went back to the page and it showed as unavailable) in my cart. It arrived though and was an AMAZING deal! It is going to be my son's favorite gift of all!

UPS and USPS have all been great! Not a fan of the smartpost thing, but I have been keeping track online of the orders. I am home all day too, so I always hear the trucks.

Waiting on my Diamond Candle order that is supposed to be here Tuesday (nothing like last minute ordering - great b1g1 and free shipping deal a week or so ago - one is my hostess gift for Christmas dinner and one is for me for under the tree).

I ordered something from sears online that was supposed to be delivered on dec.1 but I still don't have it! What a joke their customer service is! I called on dec. 3 and some guy told me it was still shipping from the manufacturer and to call back in 5 business days. That was a LIE because when I called back (after calling 5 different numbers and getting disconnected) I found out that UPS says they delivered it Nov. 11. I was home that whole day (Canadian Rememberance day) and nothing came. So now they have to investigate it and I've heard nothing.

It makes me so mad because this was MY Christmas present and so now I get nothing under the tree. I could buy another but until I get reimbursed from Sears it's just not in the budget :(

I have ordered most of my big shopping items online and *knock on wood*, the last is set to deliver today. There have been no issues though I was nervous about having an ipad & cell delivered & left on my door. Luckily, deliveries seem to come late in the day to our house so it worked out fine.

Target, Kohl's, BBW, and Amazon have all been great. The slowest was RadioShack and that was just shipping to the store for me to pickup. Thankfully they were items I had ordered early so it wasn't a panic situation.

My only problem is the delivery guys driving away so quick! The UPS man rang my apartment doorbell. I was in bed, so I got out quick, threw on a snuggie, and he was walking away! Then, with the Fedex man, he was walking away when I got out there asap. They should realize I have three doors to walk thru to get outside.

I swear they must run when they drop stuff off at my house. I'll hear the doorbell ring and by the time I open the door, I can't even see their vehicle.

I've had no problems with deliveries this year. If I order something expensive, I have it delivered to my office. I've done 100% of my Christmas shopping online and so far I have had no delivery problems. I order the majority of things through Amazon. Their service is great and when I had to return something, it was a simple process and I was credited quickly.

The worst issue I had was last year when I ordered something from Sky Mall. I ordered it a month before Christmas and kept checking on the status. A week before Christmas I got an email that said it was out of stock. It was supposed to be a Christmas present and I was very annoyed. I will never order anything from Sky Mall again.

My only problem is the delivery guys driving away so quick! The UPS man rang my apartment doorbell. I was in bed, so I got out quick, threw on a snuggie, and he was walking away! Then, with the Fedex man, he was walking away when I got out there asap. They should realize I have three doors to walk thru to get outside.

They don't want you to answer the door while they are there. The ringing the bell is simply to notify you to go the door. No, they DON'T want to have a conversation with you and no they don't have time to wait even 30 second for you to come to the door. They have HUNDREDS of stops during their day. If they stopped and waited for everyone to answer the door, they would be able to deliver far fewer packages. (My husband says average is 350 stops per driver per day... adding even 30 seconds to each stop increased their day by 3 HOURS. Not happening as many drivers are already working 12+ hours a day at this time of year).

It's part of their strategy to drop and run. Literally. If I do see my guy, he's generally sprinting back to his truck, not even walking.

Since I have text notification, they don't even ring my bell. They drop it, tap their device, text sent to me. I get the text and know to go to the door and get my package. Works great.

Well if I don't wave them down in time, my packages all go to the apartment office. Very annoying.

Not a Christmas gift, but I needed a refill of some medication recently. I can only get it through mail-order/ship via FedEx and I'm supposed to sign for it. This past Monday, I waited in the sitting room - where the door is - all day. When FedEx finally arrived, he came halfway up the driveway, threw the box Frisbee-style at the door, and was back in the truck speeding off down the road before it even landed. I actually wondered what would happen if I called the pharmacy and said I didn't get the meds, since I didn't sign for it (no, I didn't do it, but I wondered).

Then Thursday the 11th, DH and I ordered a restaurant gift card for his parents. The order confirmation said it would ship FedEx Ground, coming from PA to CT. We waited. And waited. It arrived yesterday, but I didn't know until I went out to get the (USPS) mail and a FedEx envelope was lying on the lawn. Not even near the door, on the FRONT LAWN. And then today, Saturday the 20th, I finally got a "your order has shipped" email from the restaurant... :sad2:

Shoes that I ordered from Walmart came in the wrong size. I ordered them from a different retailer and returned the wrong shoes to the local Walmart store.

I ordered a jacket from LLBean and received a pair of jeans. Wonderful people that they are, I got a replacement jacket within 2 days and a label to return the jeans. I LOVE LLBean.

Other than those 2, everything else has been
Fine.

I'm having issues too. JCP was the worst - my Black Friday order was shipped in 4 different packages, one of which is still backordered and one of which arrived damaged. I'm still waiting on the replacement for that one because it isn't something they stock in the store nearest me. Fortunately it was all stuff for the house, not gifts, so I'm not feeling a time crunch.

Amazon hasn't been any better, though. I paid extra for the faster shipping on an item my son needs to finish his gift for his girlfriend, which should have gotten it to me by yesterday based on the "business days" estimate, but it took two days before it shipped so it isn't likely to get here before Christmas Eve at the earliest.

I've actually had Amazon issues this year which is unusual for me.

I ordered an item that never showed up. It shows it was delivered, but I never got it. Amazon sent a replacement, no questions asked.

I received another item from Amazon that was broken. Again, they handled it flawlessly, but it was still an inconvenience.

I received two separate orders a few days apart that weren't mine. They were addressed to me, but I didn't order the merchandise and I wasn't charged for them. Amazon said I could keep both items (useless things I'd never use) but that means there were two other people out there who were missing items.

I think I've probably contacted Amazon twice in all the years I've been using them, but in the past three weeks I've contacted them on four different occasions.

The Amazon issues are hit or miss. When we lived in Southern California, things were received in one or two days tops. Now in the Mid-West, packages take days, even weeks. This is with Prime shipping.

As for the doorbell ringing and the driver booking away, many of our packages arrive broken, bashed, dirty, untaped, or reboxed. UPS is the worst for this, as they make the quietest deliveries when they are delivering a damaged package.

Interesting because my only problem was with Amazon. Everything from Costco, Target, and Kohls showed up within a couple of days. My Amazon order sat for a week before they finally shipped it. It should be delivered today which would be within the estimated delivery timeframe so I'm not really complaining. I was just a little nervous because they were almost out of stock on the item and I was afraid that if they didn't get moving they would run out. I wondered if it was slow because they couldn't find one or because I qualified for free shipping so they weren't exactly rushing my order.

Also not thrilled that UPS left a $850 camera just sitting on my porch with no note or anything.

Our only issue has been with Amazon as well. 2 of our packages arrived completely open, but in tact. Amazon is now shipping something to us for the 3rd time. I'm not sure where these things are going but they aren't getting to us. I work from home and someone is pretty much always home and this is not a package someone would want to steal anyway. I am thankful however that Amazon is so willing to keep sending this item to resolve the situation, even though it's still not resolved...

My one issue was with Zulily. I know that because of their distribution practice it takes quite some time for an order to be delivered, so I ordered 2 Christmas nightgowns for my daughter on the 1st of November "knowing" that they'd be here no later than the beginning of December. Wrong. They didn't even ship until December 13th and tracking put their delivery at tomorrow. I was surprised when USPS showed up with the box at noon today.

Surprised because it's Sunday? USPS is now delivering packages Sundays - year-round, according to my carrier.

I've had the best luck yet with online orders this year-Amazon (Prime), Old Navy, Target, Etsy, & Ebay. Everything seemed to arrive either before or by the projected delivery date!

Just awaiting one more Ebay item-scheduled to arrive on Christmas Eve, but it looks like it just arrived at my local post office, so it might come early :)

Everything came quickly...except for one last item , a book, from Amazon.

I received a text that it would be delivered the 18th. When it didn't arrive, I looked at the tracking. The book, which is NOT a travel book, has visited 6 cities. On the 15th, it was in Indianapolis...but instead of sending it South to Tennessee it was sent to Portland! It spent the night in Portland, and is now in transit again. Can't wait to see where it goes next!

Everything came quickly...except for one last item , a book, from Amazon.

I received a text that it would be delivered the 18th. When it didn't arrive, I looked at the tracking. The book, which is NOT a travel book, has visited 6 cities. On the 15th, it was in Indianapolis...but instead of sending it South to Tennessee it was sent to Portland! It spent the night in Portland, and is now in transit again. Can't wait to see where it goes next!

It's too bad your book can't be stamped everywhere like a passport stamp. :lmao:

Well, she does have the tracking information - she could print out the routing and keep it with the book...

As long as delivery isn't by FedEx - which invariably claims "business closed", despite this being an apartment building - no problems so far. My soap.com order is supposed to arrive by 12/29. Well, the half being delivered by FedEx. The UPS half will be here between 2 PM and midnight tomorrow. Order placed yesterday.

My one issue was with Zulily. I know that because of their distribution practice it takes quite some time for an order to be delivered, so I ordered 2 Christmas nightgowns for my daughter on the 1st of November "knowing" that they'd be here no later than the beginning of December. Wrong. They didn't even ship until December 13th and tracking put their delivery at tomorrow. I was surprised when USPS showed up with the box at noon today.

I have the same issue, and only two of my 8 items will make it by Christmas. Two haven't even left the vendor yet. I'm pretty ticked, as this was a big part of DD's Christmas. I was given a $10 store credit for my inconvenience, as if I'd ever order from Zulily again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter