Anyone else leaving Feb 4th??

ntengwall

Getting more "Disneyfied" the longer I stay here!
Me, my hubby and our 3 boys (3 1/2, 7 and 9) are leaving Feb 4th for their first trip to DW! The last time I went I was 6 and my hubby last went when he was 11! So it will be pretty much like our first time too. We are really excited :) Anyone else want to count down the days with us???

I'll be there a day before you, Feb 3-11. But I'll count down the days w/ you :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great! I heard from a few places that that week is looking like it's going to be more crowded for some reason. Someone said something about a "show" being in town, but I don't know what it is. We picked that week because it seemed to be a slow time. I am also a bit concerned about the weather...have you ever been in Feb?

What crowds? We are going Feb 6-12th. I noticed that I can't get into Coronado Springs at all that week. What is going on?

We have been in the first and second week of Feb for the last few years. We had good weather in the 70's and cool at night. Usually wore capris and t shirts and then had the sweatjacket for night. Kids were able to swim too! I am praying for good weather pixie dust!

We could not get into CSR either that week :confused3 , so we are staying at POFQ instead. We always go in either early Feb or early March and the weather is mild and the crowds are low. I would definatly pack shorts, jeans, T's, and a light jacket...don't forget the rain coat either :umbrella:

I'm leaving the 4th to and am very excited but definitely concerned about crowds. Last years threads from early Feb. say it was crowded! We picked this trip hoping there would be low crowds :(

:cool1: I leave on the 3rd of Feb. (friday). I fly out about 8:15am and arrive around 9:15am. :banana: Should be in my room around 10:00am at CBR my second stay. ;) I leave on the 7th. Hope I get to ride EE that week, it will be neat! :banana:

Could the booked rooms have to do with the Cheer/dance competitions that week? We are leaving the 4th to travel 1/2 way, then checking in at WDW on the 5th. We were there that week last year and it was busy because of the Cheer Competitions, Mardi Gras, the Super Bowl and the Daytona 500. The only crowds *that I know of* that will be there this year for that week are the cheer/dance competitions again.

Where is everyone staying?

I am pretty sure the cheer/dance competitions are on those first two weekends in Feb. Then I read a few threads and did some searches about some big conventions going on :(.

We're staying at AKL!

That sucks about the conventions! Any idea what they are for? For those who have been there in the past with the Cheerleading/Dance stuff--did it *feel* unusually crowded because of it??
Guess there's nothing we can do about it now. I wish I would have done more investigating before picking that week since we could go any time we want (we homeschool). You live and learn right? LOL

We're also driving down to Disney on February 4 and will be checking in on the 5th. It's our first trip to WDW. I hope all the events you're talking about won't bring too many people to the parks! :wave2:

We leave from home on Feb 2 and will arrive in Orlando the 4th. We have been there at another time of year with the cheer teams and it wasn't too bad. Once in awhile huge crowds of teen girls would appear, but they were usually travelling faster than we were so were easy to avoid.

The conventions shouldn't effect park attendance too much as the attendees will all be IN the conventions. Any of the ones I have seen have had some special night or two when just their group is in the park or whatever.

We're arriving on Feb 4th as well!

Crowded or not, we'll be in Florida in February (instead of cold, dreary NJ). That's cause for celebration!!! :sunny:

We are going Feb 2 - 11th.
Last year we went the third week in Feb. and it was a little crowded toward the weekend. We thought we would try the week earlier and see if it was better.

Praying for warm enough weather to swim! :flower:

We will be arriving at POR on Feb.5. I also picked this week hoping it wouldn't be crowded. We were originally supposed to go Sept 1 - 6, but we had to cancel due to the Hurricane flooding our home. :sad: My 4 yo ds was so looking forward to his first trip to Disney. It killed me to have to cancel it, but we are re-building, and I am determined to take this child to disney! :love:

Hello,

We will be leaving our house on febuary 9 .We will be at Disney on the 12 untill the 18.
We are going to be at the campground for the week.

chipper10 said:
I'll be at the AKL Feb 4-11th. Can't wait!!!! :cutie: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1:

We'll be there same place same time celebrating our early anniversary since this was the only time we can go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter