• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else not very big on the "parties"?

I don't bother with the mosh pit on Deck 11, but I like being up on the Deck 12 walk around to soak in the atmosphere.

I do leave after the fireworks on Pirate Night and avoid both the mosh pit and the feeding frenzy.

Agreed. I'd love to be up on Deck 12 for it. And yet I know my kid is going to want to be in the heart of the dancing. Sigh. I remember when I used to be in the heart of the dancing, back in the good old days at Pleasure Island at midnight.

I am so old. lol.

On our first cruise we did the Sail Away party and the Pirate party. And it was fun and I am glad we experienced it at least once, we have not done it since. We book only verandah cabins so that is where we go. Unless we are having a drink at the Bon Voyage or finding clues on the Mickey Detective agency game. For Pirate night, my son and I watch the fireworks (we like Deck 10 forward starboard, but the overhang does not give great views) and then go back to the cabin for awhile. Sometimes we will go back up on deck to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean on Funnel Vision and sometimes we don't.

I have tried the buffet once, but cannot make myself go back anymore. It is insane and there are lots of people that act is if they have not eaten anything in DAYS much less the hours that is has been since dinner. Not my cup of tea. And I sure don't need to eat anything that late after having second seating anyway. :)

Agreed. I'd love to be up on Deck 12 for it. And yet I know my kid is going to want to be in the heart of the dancing. Sigh. I remember when I used to be in the heart of the dancing, back in the good old days at Pleasure Island at midnight.

I am so old. lol.

Ain't nothin' like Videolopoiis East and Cage. Am I right or am I right? Kunglaoosh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter