Anyone else on Atenolol?

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
i think the thread title says it all lol

I started it on Friday and I'm not noticing much of a difference. I was put on it because (as a rare side effect to my MS IV treatment) I have a super high heart rate...like resting heart rate was 120 for the past week.

I can tell that my heart is slower than it has been but it's still faster than normal. I'm going for an EKG in about an hour so I'll get to see where my heart rate is at.

I have a follow up with my dr on Friday and he'll decide if I should up my dose (I'm starting on the lowest dose..25 once a day).

I've noticed that since I started I can't seem to sleep enough. I think I slept for about 15 hours yesterday. It wasn't constant and I'm pretty sure I was just making up for lost sleep..it's hard to sleep when your heart feels like it's beating out of your chest.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if there's anyone else who takes this and what your experience has been like.

I haveheard horrible things about this meds. I belong to a MS support group it doesn't get a lot of love. Hope you feel better

I haveheard horrible things about this meds. I belong to a MS support group it doesn't get a lot of love. Hope you feel better

What have you heard about it? I'm not happy about being on yet another med (I now take 9 a day) but if it works, I don't really have a choice.

Two years ago I stopped taking the drug

Was on it for 20 months

It helped me tremendously for the first year I was on it

I finally was able to eventually get a solid sleep on it once at the one month period

And my heart rate dropped as it was the goal for taking it
Mine was at 140 resting rate prior to the drug

Feel free to contact me by pm for more info

Last edited:

I am on its sister drug Propranolol.(almost identical in form and what it treats) Like you I am on 8 other medications, all of which have side effects of fatigue, dizziness, etc. so its hard to pin point which one is causing what. But even though I have insomnia many nights, once I get to sleep I could stay asleep for 18 hours if life would allow it....and when I wake up I feel like I need a nap.

I have been on antenolol for high blood pressure for several years. I really like it. It lowers the high rate and helps with stress. I tried other designer drugs I did not like. My only complaint is I think it makes you gain weight but my doctor says that problem is all about calories. I have heard it has a bad rap but I like it.

I have been on 50mg for many years, for high blood pressure. I've had no problem with it whatsoever. No side effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter