Anyone else on the FOTF (Focus on the Family) cruise in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSMimi

Earning My Ears
Looking for more people to connect with that are going on the Focus on the Family (FOTF) chartered cruise on the Dream Nov. 13-17, 2017.

We have started a cruise group, and the link can be found in the Cruise Meets list for Fantasy and Dream for 2017 on this site.

There is an FE group and an ornament exchange.

We are now at 129 days on the cruise countdown!

ahh!! I'm so excited this trip is getting closer!! We are from Austin as well and this will be our first Disney Cruise! My kids love AIO and Mercy Me. We haven't told them yet, its a surprise!! I've tried logging into the Disney site but it rejects my confirmation number, I was told awhile back they(FOTF) would send me a link 90 days out or so to be able to link the cruise and start planning excusions :)

it's a chartered cruise? i.e. the whole ship? i don't think I'm seeing the dates on the website, disney website. interesting. have a great cruise

it's a chartered cruise? i.e. the whole ship? i don't think I'm seeing the dates on the website, disney website. interesting. have a great cruise

Must be. It's a specific enough (and exclusive/narrow enough) target that because of the diversity Disney can attract I would hope ANY group that has very specific ideas such as that would do a charter. For the comfort of the group members AND others who don't share that ideology.

Must be. It's a specific enough (and exclusive/narrow enough) target that because of the diversity Disney can attract I would hope ANY group that has very specific ideas such as that would do a charter. For the comfort of the group members AND others who don't share that ideology.
I just had to Google. And I'm surprised Disney cruise is doing a private charter for them. But I guess money talks. :rolleyes1

Just googled as well. Wow. I have sympathy for some of the cast members who will have to work that cruise.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they will be fine. Focus on The Family isnt known for their rousing and drunken fits or nasty comments to staff. They will probably enjoy having people who love the Lord on the ship. Lets ask them when they return.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they will be fine. Focus on The Family isnt known for their rousing and drunken fits or nasty comments to staff. They will probably enjoy having people who love the Lord on the ship. Lets ask them when they return.

I somehow doubt it, if they know anything about it. You know that the majority of staff members on the ship come from non-Christian countries right?

Last edited:
Seriously. How sad they would do business with an organization like that.

I can understand Disney doing business with them. They pay, Disney has the product. What I don't understand is why an organization like that would want to do business with a company that so clearly has values that (thankfully) do not align with theirs. Do the people from the organization realize that many of the CMs may have "lifestyles" (as they would call it) that they disagree with?

I'm sure it will be a great cruise for the cruisers. I recognized the name of the group and was shocked myself. I believe they were part of a Disney boycott at least once for a variety of reasons that likely haven't changed. Anyways, it shocked me.

ahh!! I'm so excited this trip is getting closer!! We are from Austin as well and this will be our first Disney Cruise! My kids love AIO and Mercy Me. We haven't told them yet, its a surprise!! I've tried logging into the Disney site but it rejects my confirmation number, I was told awhile back they(FOTF) would send me a link 90 days out or so to be able to link the cruise and start planning excusions :)

Are you trying to access the DCL site? Or MDE (used for WDW trips)? I don't think the 2 sites are compatible, even guests booking land&sea vacations direct through DCL have trouble linking to MDE. I would assume you can access your cruise reservation through the DCL website, and pre-book excursions/dining/etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

To my knowledge, this group has chartered a cruise each year for the past several years... it isn't anything new and apparently considered successful to both sides of the business contract.

I applaud Disney and their support of the LBGTQ community. I have several close family members in that community and am considering taking our family to WDW for Gay Days. FOF is not my cup of tea. That said, without overt shows of PDA, who's to know what the orientation of any CM is? I suspect there are a fair number of homophobes on any given cruise, or even at a day in the parks.

Short of DCL making a stand not to do business with them (and we know DCL's bottom line is dollars) and as long as the FOF group doesn't look on this as a method of preaching to the CM's, I think it will be business as usual. Not saying the CM's won't be put out at some point, but there's lots of reasons for guests to be annoying to CM's.

My bigger issue is with a community that would rather vacation within the confines of it's beliefs, but to each his own...

And, d@mn, they must have some clout to charter an entire DCL ship. Scary, that.

FOTF's beliefs go against everything I believe in, but if they want to charter a boat, go for it. Saying Disney shouldn't do business with them is similar to their group preaching evil that it is perfectly ok for businesses to deny service to the LGBTQ community. Keeping it a charter so it doesn't affect their other travelers seems a good compromise by Disney.

However, I do think it would be wonderful if Disney played the "controversial" Beauty and the Beast, the movie that has been denounced as trying to push the gay agenda on our youth, 24/7 :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter