Anyone else planning for Thanksgiving 2007?

corinnak

100% Tag Free!
I just booked a 2BR at SSR for that crazy week! We have been to WDW in October, March and January and I am afraid we may be in for a rude awakening.

Fortunately, we have done a good deal of the Theme Park stuff and so the pressure really isn't on that much. We are mostly excited to see the parks decked out for the holidays. We may also do a few early park mornings in order for my youngest to finally get to ride some of those 40" rides. He was 39 1/2" this past trip. :headache:

So, anyone else have their reservations in place for Thanksgiving?

I just booked a 2BR at SSR for that crazy week! We have been to WDW in October, March and January and I am afraid we may be in for a rude awakening.

Fortunately, we have done a good deal of the Theme Park stuff and so the pressure really isn't on that much. We are mostly excited to see the parks decked out for the holidays. We may also do a few early park mornings in order for my youngest to finally get to ride some of those 40" rides. He was 39 1/2" this past trip. :headache:

So, anyone else have their reservations in place for Thanksgiving?

2008 or did you mean 2007?

We are going Thanksgiving week this year! Staying at Pop Century on Saturday and Boardwalk Villa Sunday through Friday and Pop Century Friday night until Saturday.
Never been for Thanksgiving but from what i read , must be crowded! Too bad Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party won't be going on while we are there, it completely skips that week! Excited to see the Christmas decorations though.....can't wait......

2008 or did you mean 2007?

We are going Thanksgiving week this year! Staying at Pop Century on Saturday and Boardwalk Villa Sunday through Friday and Pop Century Friday night until Saturday.
Never been for Thanksgiving but from what i read , must be crowded! Too bad Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party won't be going on while we are there, it completely skips that week! Excited to see the Christmas decorations though.....can't wait......

Yes, I am having number troubles today, apparently! 2007!

That sounds like a fun trip you have planned. I am also disappointed to miss MVMCP, but I guess they need the MK open late for those crowds or something....maybe another time, I guess.

It really will be neat to see the decorations - I wonder if they will be building the GF gingerbread house during that time......

I agree you must mean 07. We are planning our 08 trip but we can't make reservations yet. There is a college basketball tourney at Disney that weekend that we will be following. First trip for us and my parents. Should be interesting. Hope it is warmer than it was this year during that week. Can you say FREEZING in FLORIDA? We get back from our Cruise the day before Thanksgiving to find out it actually had snowed in Cocoa Beach earlier in the night. We went to MK the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the crowds were so so. It was nice to see the MK decorated for the holidays. Sucked to be wearing sweatshirts but I guess it was better than sweating like we did in June.

We'll be there in a 1 BR at SSR -- it will be our first Thanksgiving visit.

We will also be at SSR for T-giving 2007...we have made a family tradition of "doing" T-giving at WDW...

Yes, it's crowded in the parks (and at the resorts), especially Wed of T-giving week til Sunday (crowds start to drop off by Sunday late afternoon)...but it's not at all unbearable...easier in the mornings...from opening til around 11, and again in the evenings. Afternoons (lunch til dinner time) are most crowded. The resorts are sold out (generally), but at SSR you don't "feel" the crowds at all..Downtown Disney gets very crowded...

Weather-wise, we've had "everything"...last year it was heavy jackets & hats & mittens weather (as I recall, when I got up at 6 to go work out, it was 39 or 40 outside)..but we've also been there when the temps hit 80...it's very variable that time of year.

The most important logistical thing: make your ADR for whatever kind of T-giving dinner you want as early as possible...by the time August arrives, you'll have very few choices...in November, there's nothing but last-minute openings due to cancelations, or counter service (altho counter service T-giving meals are surprisingly good, especially at SSR's Artist's Palette)...

We love-love-love SSR at T-giving (or Disney at T-giving; we've done it at ASMu, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and SSR...each is unique and all were terrific)...

Happy trip planning...hope we see you there in November!

We will be going this year during TG week. We were there last year for christmas. I figure it won't be any worse than that. We will get our park stuff done early in the week and just relax for the rest of the week. We've decided to stay at AKV thist trip after 4 beautiful trips to SSR. I hope we won't be to home sick.

We did T-Giving 06, Sunday before-Friday. It was our first time and we did MK and Epcot early in the week. Personally I didn't think it was that bad. Wednesday we did MGM and left after lunch. Thanksgiving Day at AK, now that was a nuthouse, thankgoodness we had the "special" fastpass from our DVC tour(8am sharp) and got on the Safari and EE.

I forget who mentioned it, but the busstops at SSR weren't bad in the morning until Wed., it was like where did all these people come from? Luckily they were all waiting for MK busses and we were the only ones to hop on the MGM bus.

We're going again in 2007, but are coming down on Saturday, give us an extra day of park going before the crowds show up. I think we'll finish with the parks by Wednesday after lunch and just hang around on SSR/DTD on Turkey day. Hopefully it will be warm enough to get in the pool this year!

Is there some sort of DVC meet & greet during that time? If not maybe we could try to set up something ourselves. It would be great to meet some fellow members!

We will be checking in on the Sunday after Thanksgiving for a one week stay. Does that count?

We normally go the first or second week in December, but this year, we decided that we would hit US/IOA on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving and would still have a full week in Disney.

We are booked from November 18-27. This will be our first Thanksgiving trip, and actually, first big holliday trip.

Seems like there will be a good number of us! I don't know if there are any DVC or DISmeets that week, but I would think we could do something if we wanted to! Maybe an ice cream social if it's not too cold. ;)

I was looking on a certain website that is affiliated with the UG and it looks like they are predicting higher crowds than they were for last year. 8 out of 10 practically every day of that week! :scared1: I have been on days that they rate 7, but never 8.....though of course it is all speculation, isn't it?

So Thanksgiving dinner - I can't decide if I want to go to a restaurant or cook something in the villa and maybe supplement with takeout from AP.....we are vegetarians, so a big turkey dinner isn't really what we want. I usually make a cheddar vegetable pot pie, cranberry-port relish and most of the stuff beyond that is negotiable. I will have to try to figure out when the first day to call for reservations is.....

Does the DVC at HHI count? We spent Thanksgiving, 2005 at OKW, 2006 at HHI, and we're all set for there again for 2007. Well, almost all set-airfare right now is running close to $500 pp, so we're waiting and hoping it comes down.

I think that HHI counts! I bet that would be a nice spot for Thanksgiving! Still, that airfare makes a person :scared1: Good luck with it - it's still early, I suppose!

We will also be there! We will be staying at BWV starting that Sunday b/4 T-day and checking out Sat. after T-day. I'm also thinking about adding on a Friday and Saturday b/4 T-week at the CR. We have quite a group coming with us both friends and family. It should be lots of fun!!! We know it will be crowded but we figure if we can handle July in Disney with crowds, heat and humidity then at least T-week will be void of the super heat and humidity!

We just got back yesterday and are already to planning and looking forward to November!!

We will be at VWL the week of Thanksgiving this year (Sun - Fri) and then POFQ Fri and Sat nights. We have visited Disney the week after Thanksgiving for the last 5 years and it was GREAT! However, DS is starting kindergarten this fall and DH won't agree to taking him out of school for the entire week! So we compromised and got the T'giving week.

We're using my folks points - they own at WVL, so we got the 11 mo window.

Can't wait!!!!!

We will also be there! We will be staying at BWV starting that Sunday b/4 T-day and checking out Sat. after T-day. I'm also thinking about adding on a Friday and Saturday b/4 T-week at the CR. We have quite a group coming with us both friends and family. It should be lots of fun!!! We know it will be crowded but we figure if we can handle July in Disney with crowds, heat and humidity then at least T-week will be void of the super heat and humidity!

We just got back yesterday and are already to planning and looking forward to November!!

WE will be there the same place same dates, did you make your November reservations already? Thanksgiving day is sold out....my daughter is on a waitlist for something to open up....hope it comes through...we have 16 of us staying at BWV...the rest staying off property

Wow! Sold out already! When I booked SSR the other day, the CM said that the GV's there were already gone for some of the days. Good luck with that waitlist - I hope it comes through for her!

We'll be checking in on Thanksgiving day, and staying through the following week. I think a Dis Meet late in the week sounds like a great idea. Anyone else?

Only 288 more days:woohoo:

Chris, Jean & Patrick

I think a DIS meet would be a wonderful holiday treat :goodvibes
Maybe we could gather at the Turf Club????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter