Anyone else see bob iger in the parks this week

disprincessatheart

I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08
Dh and I ran into bob iger & company twice this week. First at the boardwalk in the lobby Wednesday evening and then in Italy going into one of the restaurants. Both times with a large group of other execs if I had to guess. Admittedly I wouldn't have known who he was but the first time we were talking to a cm who pointed him out and then the large group with several VIP escourts made me notice the second time. I hope he was here perfecting fantasyland or something!

I thought so!!! Yes, we saw him at the Poly----I think it was on wednesday, maybe thursday.
What we noticed was he was walking into the Poly alone...and then all of a sudden there were several "ALOHA"a walking quickly towards him. We wondered "who" he was.
We also saw Toby Keith having dinner at the CG with his family.

He and the entire board of directors has been there, along with Thomas Staggs, and the Saudi Prince that owns a large share of Disneyland Paris.

Lots of rumors floating around about the Prince buying parks and recreation out.

I have heard nothing just lots of rumors on the Internet. Is interesting though that they show up just after Al Weiss suddenly retires and Staggs announces his position at this time will not be refilled.

We didn't see Iger specifically but noticed there were lots of "suits" out and about everywhere.

Not noticed anyone but appreciate the heads up and will be a bit more vigalent :thumbsup2

He and the entire board of directors has been there, along with Thomas Staggs, and the Saudi Prince that owns a large share of Disneyland Paris.

Lots of rumors floating around about the Prince buying parks and recreation out.

I have heard nothing just lots of rumors on the Internet. Is interesting though that they show up just after Al Weiss suddenly retires and Staggs announces his position at this time will not be refilled.

i would think that if the saudi was with them, they were showing him things that could be added to DLP or to parks elsewhere in the world...

I believe this was a planned visit, when we were in town in early June, we were told by staff that he was due in at the end if the month.

Dh and I ran into bob iger & company twice this week. First at the boardwalk in the lobby Wednesday evening and then in Italy going into one of the restaurants. Both times with a large group of other execs if I had to guess. Admittedly I wouldn't have known who he was but the first time we were talking to a cm who pointed him out and then the large group with several VIP escourts made me notice the second time. I hope he was here perfecting fantasyland or something!

Hi all

My daughter is there from the UK on the Disney College Program. She's working on Star Tours and he rode last week. The next day Bailey from Grey's Anatomy rode, which excited her much more!

Rich

Bob Iger was reportedly seen at the Animal Kingdom walking around with the park VP and a few other high-ranking Cast Members.

After some post trip sleep, I'm thinking maybe it was timed with the park vp changes that were recently announced. Seems like he really made the rounds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter