Anyone else taking advantage of the Canadian resident discount?

sherilaine

DIS Veteran
With all the horror predictions for Star Wars land bringing in a tsunami of crowds and considering the great deal on tickets for Canadian residents - we decided to bite the bullet and book - we will be there from Feb 11-18th.

I see that a few things will be down but we've never been there when there wasn't something behind a wall - our last trip had main street and Paradise Pier under refurbished so if we can have a great time in spite of all that we should be able to make the most of this trip!

Any other Canadians making the same decisions?

With all the horror predictions for Star Wars land bringing in a tsunami of crowds and considering the great deal on tickets for Canadian residents - we decided to bite the bullet and book - we will be there from Feb 11-18th.

I see that a few things will be down but we've never been there when there wasn't something behind a wall - our last trip had main street and Paradise Pier under refurbished so if we can have a great time in spite of all that we should be able to make the most of this trip!

Any other Canadians making the same decisions?

Hi ... sorry ... a bit confused ...

Is there another Canadian Resident Discount at this time? Disney's website for Canadian Resident Special states that the tickets must be purchased November 1 - February 28 2018 (we're now in 2019) and that the tickets expire 13 days after 1st use or on January 13, 2019.

Are you thinking of the LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER TICKET? These appear to be open to everyone (not just Canadians as there are no restrictions on "residency" of the ticket holder). :-)

Edited: Here's Disney's link:

LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER TICKET:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en...ad-ticket-offer#limitedTimeSpecialTicketOffer

** Select DETAILS and a window will open showing the fine print for the Limited Time Special Offer Ticket **

I just went on their website and found the Canadian discount is still there available for purchase up to April 11th. But now you have me confused too as I am second guessing what I am seeing. It appears though the limited time deal is the same as the Canadian deal so perhaps it's all merged into one now?

Here is the fine print for the Canadian resident deal:

Offer only for Canadian residents, and valid proof of Canadian residency, including government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission. Canadian residency will be validated for each adult Guest in the party prior to theme park admission. Tickets must be purchased between August 29, 2018 and April 11, 2019 and prior to travel to the Disneyland Resort. Offer is not available at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booths. Tickets expire 13 days after first use or on May 23, 2019, whichever occurs first. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.

We are heading down in March and just bought the Canadian resident tickets yesterday night - right after reading about all the price increases. When we planned this trip, we were just going to pay the regular park ticket prices but having the Cdn discount helps abit plus MaxPass is still $10 per day.

Here is the fine print for the Canadian resident deal:

Offer only for Canadian residents, and valid proof of Canadian residency, including government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission. Canadian residency will be validated for each adult Guest in the party prior to theme park admission. Tickets must be purchased between August 29, 2018 and April 11, 2019 and prior to travel to the Disneyland Resort. Offer is not available at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booths. Tickets expire 13 days after first use or on May 23, 2019, whichever occurs first. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.

Hi again ... thanks for the above info. However, now I am even MORE confused. o_O

I went on the DISNEYLAND website (to clarify: not Disney World). Here's the link that I looked under:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/tickets/#canadaResidentTickets

EDITED #1: select VIEW DETAILS to open the window with the details

When I select CANADIAN RESIDENT TICKETS (shown on the LEFT MENU BAR) I still see info re: the 2018 purchase dates as per my original post.

Sorry ... I was not able to copy & paste the fine print from the window that opened up showing the 2018 purchase dates BUT it definitely is showing 2018 purchase dates in the window that opened for me. The info that I'm seeing shows this: buy from November 1 - February 28 2018 AND that the tickets expire 13 days after 1st use or on January 13, 2019 AND that it's limited to Canadian Residents.

The only other special that I am able to see is the one that I find when I select LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER (on the LEFT MENU BAR) and it does NOT restrict residency AND states: buy by May 18, 2019 AND Valid from January 7, 2019 AND expires 13 days after 1st use or on May 23, 2019 (whichever occurs 1st) AND Block Out Days apply AND NOT valid from April 14 - 22, 2019 AND May purchase up to 8 tickets per person per day.

Are you able to please send the link that you used to look up Canadian Resident Tickets? I'm very curious as to why we're seeing different information.

Thanks for your help! :-)

EDITED #2: I think I've figured out what's happening ... if you select VIEW DETAILS under the PRODUCTS AND PRICES FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS a window opens up showing info for 2018 purchase dates (ie. details for an expired purchase period for the Canadian Resident's special).

HOWEVER

If you do NOT select VIEW DETAILS and select a ticket option from the page (eg. select 5 day) the ticket prices for 5 day ticket shows up AND if you keep scrolling down the page the fine print re: purchase dates etc. shows up as per your post (NEW purchase period for Canadian Resident's special).

SO ... in SUMMARY:

It appears that there's 2 promotions going on for the same period ... 1 for Canadian Residents and the Limited Time Special for all other people (NOTE: the Limited Time Special appear to have more restrictions than the Canadian Residents' special and costs a little more).

WHEW ... I "think" the mystery is solved BUT now I'm wondering how many Canadians may have clicked on the VIEW DETAILS and thought that the Canadian Promotion was over?

Thanks for your help!! :-)

Last edited:
I am not talking about the window that opens up when you click "see details" - that appears to be old.

I am talking about the fine print that shows at the bottom of the page not the pop up you mention. Perhaps they never updated that pop up - but the fine print at the bottom of the page is what I am relying on.

However, I don't think this is much more of a deal than the limited time offer you mention which is great for everyone.

Hi again ... thanks for the above info. However, now I am even MORE confused. o_O

I went on the DISNEYLAND website (to clarify: not Disney World). Here's the link that I looked under:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/tickets/#canadaResidentTickets

EDITED: select VIEW DETAILS to open the window with the details

When I select CANADIAN RESIDENT TICKETS (shown on the LEFT MENU BAR) I still see info re: the 2018 purchase dates as per my original post.

Sorry ... I was not able to copy & paste the fine print from the window that opened up showing the 2018 purchase dates BUT it definitely is showing 2018 purchase dates in the window that opened for me. The info that I'm seeing shows this: buy from November 1 - February 28 2018 AND that the tickets expire 13 days after 1st use or on January 13, 2019 AND that it's limited to Canadian Residents.

The only other special that I am able to see is the one that I find when I select LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER (on the LEFT MENU BAR) and it does NOT restrict residency AND states: buy by May 18, 2019 AND Valid from January 7, 2019 AND expires 13 days after 1st use or on May 23, 2019 (whichever occurs 1st) AND Block Out Days apply AND NOT valid from April 14 - 22, 2019 AND May purchase up to 8 tickets per person per day.

Are you able to please send the link that you used to look up Canadian Resident Tickets? I'm very curious as to why we're seeing different information.

Thanks for your help! :-)

I agree with sherilaine, the bottom details says expiry is May 23rd, 2019. Just checked my e-tickets that I bought yesterday and they say the same thing.

I am not talking about the window that opens up when you click "see details" - that appears to be old.

I am talking about the fine print that shows at the bottom of the page not the pop up you mention. Perhaps they never updated that pop up - but the fine print at the bottom of the page is what I am relying on.

However, I don't think this is much more of a deal than the limited time offer you mention which is great for everyone.

Thanks!! LOL ... unfortunately, I clicked on the DETAILS button and when I read the "expired" info it didn't even occur to me to scroll down the page to see if there was more info. I just assumed that the "expired" info was still on the website as a FYI for those who had already bought their tickets (duh ... hand smacking forehead) :-)

EDITED: the Canadian Deal is a little better in price AND no block out days ... the LIMITED TIME SPECIAL has days in April which are blocked out :-) ... I'm saying this based on what I'm seeing when I scroll down the page ... no mention of block out dates BUT there is mention of block out dates on the LIMITED TIME SPECIAL fine print.

SORRY if I caused confusion for everyone BUT GRATEFUL that you helped clear up that there is a Canadian Promo since the info that I was reading was non-updated info. :-)

Last edited:
I agree with sherilaine, the bottom details says expiry is May 23rd, 2019. Just checked my e-tickets that I bought yesterday and they say the same thing.

Thank you kindly for your confirmation! User error here in that I clicked on VIEW DETAILS and thought that the promo was over based on the window that opened. It didn't occur to me to scroll further down the page because I thought that the promo was over and the info I was seeing was a FYI for those who had already bought their tickets during the valid ticket purchase period. :-)

The confusion is because some pages of the DL website seem to have old/incorrect information. Other pages have the correct information.
We just bought the Canadian Resident deal tickets on December 23rd. And used the tickets on December 27 & 28.

We're using it right now! There's so much to do, the refurbs don't make a huge difference to us.

We are headed there Feb 2-9 with our Canadian Resident tickets. Hoping to escape winter for some warmer temps! :)

I am wondering how DisneyLand would handle the following situation: IF I buy the Cdn Resident passes (or the PROMO passes currently on Undercover tourist - same expiry date but a bit cheaper) and for some reason, my trip booked for end of April has to be delayed, would they allow me to just pay the difference between gate price and my sale price and still use the tickets? Or am I completely "out" the money I paid for these special park passes? I called UCT to ask about their promo tickets and the CM told me that WDW is better at allowing you to use the tickets by just paying the upcharge than DL is. She has heard customer experiences where DL told the patron "sorry, but those passes are expired." Hoping to find someone seasoned in DL customer service. :)

I am wondering how DisneyLand would handle the following situation: IF I buy the Cdn Resident passes (or the PROMO passes currently on Undercover tourist - same expiry date but a bit cheaper) and for some reason, my trip booked for end of April has to be delayed, would they allow me to just pay the difference between gate price and my sale price and still use the tickets? Or am I completely "out" the money I paid for these special park passes? I called UCT to ask about their promo tickets and the CM told me that WDW is better at allowing you to use the tickets by just paying the upcharge than DL is. She has heard customer experiences where DL told the patron "sorry, but those passes are expired." Hoping to find someone seasoned in DL customer service. :)

While we have never done this, I have read of many who say that once you buy the tickets as long as they have not been used, that Disney will honor the amount you paid for them against the purchase of valid tickets. Of course you may not get a CM to give you that kind of reassurance and I would bet you money if you called three different cast members you'd get three different answers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter