Anyone else using their PITC bandanna from the cruise as a face mask?

Thankfully we had some R95 masks from the last couple of years that we use when fires flare up in the summer (sadly yes, its become a yearly occurrence here). Yours are much prettier. ;)

I guess if you use it with another mask or more material. They suggest at least 2 layers of cloth and recommend cotton 200 thread count, not polyester . I made ours and left the sides open to slide a coffee filter, cone shape in. I used material I had around the house and some clothing items we never wore. Put some large scrunchies on for ear loops...too much time on my hands...

Attachments

• 4B1F2D25-6EE0-4E26-B41D-4ED8090EA486.jpeg
    4B1F2D25-6EE0-4E26-B41D-4ED8090EA486.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 39
  • F18F7A60-586D-4DA6-979D-9503413BAB91.jpeg
    F18F7A60-586D-4DA6-979D-9503413BAB91.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 40

This thread makes me wish I kept them, instead of giving them away when I returned from our cruises! :)

I saw an older couple wearing them at the grocery store a couple weeks ago.

Made these (and similar) for all the. Superhero women in my life (first responders, cancer survivors, moms). Wish I dared go to a fabric store for some Disney fabric for grandkids.

View attachment 492971
Made these (and similar) for all the. Superhero women in my life (first responders, cancer survivors, moms). Wish I dared go to a fabric store for some Disney fabric for grandkids.

I've ordered fabric from Joann's online, as well as some Etsy shops. The Joann order got canceled, but my fabric from the Etsy sellers came very quickly! I'm sure there's Disney fabric on there you can find...

I tested ours for size, but too small and too thin, as somebody else noted. I am contemplating making them the outside of a multi-layer mask, though...

I took 2 triangle ones and sewed them together to make a square and then used the directions for the bandana masks

My concern with using them is they are not made from cotton material. I wish we could recycle them into masks...

My concern with using them is they are not made from cotton material. I wish we could recycle them into masks...

you could sew fabric from a cotton 200 thread count pillowcase to the backside. The recommendations is 2 or more layers of fabric.

We have some regular face masks left but I keep two of these in my car's glove compartment in case we make an unexpected stop and need a covering. They are the newer triangle ones and fit just right!

These are the only things my kids would wear as masks until we finally bought some child sized ones in a star wars print!

I considered it until I dug them out and handled the material. It is way too thin. It would be better than nothing if you had other option, but if you hold it up to the light you can see through it pretty well.

Ideally you need tightly woven (i.e. you can't see through it) 100% cotton fabric.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter