Anyone else watching COUNTRY MUSIC by Ken Burns

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
I've seen almost all of the episodes. Absolutely enjoying every minute of it. Reminds me of my childhood with my grandparents having a jukebox in their basement and it played "country". I listen to all genres of music now. And Country now, is not what it used to be for sure!!

I've watched all of the episodes covering the beginnings through 1963. But I've been watching them after 9 pm, so I've slept through a good bit of it. :D I'm going to have to go back and watch it again, which is fine because I love Ken Burns documentaries and I love the subject.

Watching tonight's episode right now. George Jones and Tammy Wynette, miss them!

"He stopped loving her today" still gets me choked up.

And Dolly with Jolene I named my car after that song, lol

Last edited:
I am loving this documentary. Huge thanks to Ken Burns for working on it 8 1/2 years. It's amazing!

Enjoying it very much. I thought the description of Hank Williams as a Hillbilly Shakespeare was perfect. And what a voice Patsy Cline had. I love how many of the commentators are such good story tellers (Marty Stuart, in particular) and know their history. A Ken Burns series is like reading a good book!

Enjoying it very much. I thought the description of Hank Williams as a Hillbilly Shakespeare was perfect. And what a voice Patsy Cline had. I love how many of the commentators are such good story tellers (Marty Stuart, in particular) and know their history. A Ken Burns series is like reading a good book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter