• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else with kids have this problem?

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
I swear, not a week this winter has gone by when I haven't had at least one child home sick from school!:eek: Seems like the bug just keeps going from kid to kid, then back again! :mad: Yesterday was Jeana's turn, today, it's Jessie....:rolleyes: I just got some Lysol spray and sprayed everything I could possibly think of!

I think I might make up a 'form letter' for all the kids absences and just fill in the blanks as needed!!:bounce:

Open the windows and let some fresh air in, not matter how cold it is outside. I really think everybody should do that at least a couple of times in the winter.

Open the windows and let some fresh air in, not matter how cold it is outside

mom, I do this too. Every week during house cleaning the windows get thrown open for at least an hour and the wind blows right through. It's really been helpful and I think that's why we have been so healthy so far.

That and we get plenty of sleep each night...DD gets at least 10 hours a night, sometimes more. People tend to discount it but getting enough sleep is a vital part of keeping healthy.

Unfortunately we went to a party at one of DD's friend's houses right before vacation -- this poor child has missed over 20 days of school since November (strept twice, stomach bug once, the high fever thing once). I swear she lives in a petri dish masquerading as a house. DD and I came down with something two days after being there but luckily it was short lived and we are back to normal. And that little girl is now out from school with her 3rd strept throat infection. I feel badly for her poor mom!

My kids have been sick, but not nearly as bad as I thought they would. There's a few schools in the area that had to close for a day or so because so many kids have been sick (not my kids' school though).

My youngest one is at home sick today, as a matter of fact.

My younger sibs were both different weeks a couple weeks ago but I hadn't gotten sick.
Well I was home yesterday and I'm home today and I keep getting new things popping up.
The worst part is I cant do my homework when I'm sick so I have a bunch of homework to catch up on.

Hmmm opening the window sounds like a good idea.

Gotta let that fresh air in!

My kids have had more illness this year than ANY other year since they were born, however. I don't know what-all is going around, but it sure is persistent.

Cindy, you put your family in the dishwasher????? :eek:

;) :teeth:

LOL @ SonjaH.

We have been pretty healthy and I air my house on a regular basis, too. It's a little cold to do that these days but I do it anyway. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

My DD was sick for a week and I had a very bad cold for about three days. We both go to the gym so I think that is where we got it. The rest of the family has not been sick and I do try to air out the house as soon as we get a nice day.

I had a doctor tell me once to open my windows to air my house out often in the winter time, so there must be some truth to that!

I never thought about throwing my family in the dishwasher though! :teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter