Anyone else worried about Wilma?

DisFlan

DIS Veteran
Well, I'm up at 4 ayam worrying about this &%*# hurricane. I just checked and it's now supposed to curve east and hit Florida "late this week". ARRGGG!!!

We're supposed to fly from NW Arkansas to Tampa on Saturday. Then to BWV until Friday. If we get that far, we'll be bringing ponchos and a prayer.

DisFlan (mutter, mutter, gritch)

The projected track has the eye passing over extreme southern Florida, which means Orlando will be on the "good side" of the storm. It will probably mean nothing more than a severe thunderstorm, and might disrupt your plans for a day, unless it hits at night, in which case it wont be much of an issue.

I'm headed there on Saturday too for my first trip home to SSR. But since it's just a relaxation trip (no visits to the parks) DW and I will just sit in our room and read if there's bad weather this weekend. Good luck with your flight! :sunny:

My only consulation is that I'll be in the hospital for surgery and won't be home yet. Which means my DH will have to take care of the house alone and that's not nice - then when I come home I won't be ambulatory for quite a while. That's a lot of pressure on him - OH - MAN :guilty: But then again many things can happen in a couple of days - my prayer is that it will lessen in strength and GO AWAY

We arrive in Florida on Saturday also. We were scheduled to go last year ahead of Christmas, but three days before departure, my husband got an appendicitis. That trip was cancelled, and disappointment registered heavily on both of us.

I think we need a good dose of Fairy Dust for ourselves as well as the people who live in the path of the storm.

I know DVC is a different animal, but should we worry that IF this has a big impact, that FL residents will head to Disney for shelter? In that case, would those of us arriving next week (that would be me on Weds. 10/26) possibly be told there is no room for us because of current occupants?

I mean, I know DVC was designed to be 100% occupied all year round. But does anyone think this is a major worry?

I just want to get there...

zulaya said:
I know DVC is a different animal, but should we worry that IF this has a big impact, that FL residents will head to Disney for shelter? In that case, would those of us arriving next week (that would be me on Weds. 10/26) possibly be told there is no room for us because of current occupants?

I mean, I know DVC was designed to be 100% occupied all year round. But does anyone think this is a major worry?

I just want to get there...
I can't believe that Disney would deny a member with a legitimate reservation. Don't recall any reports of that happening in the past.

Why not call MS and ask them this question?

Best wishes -

My father lives in Flordia. Neither he or his neigbhors evacuate to Disney... they evcuate to Georgia!!!

We know people from Tampa and the coast that do evacuate to WDW simply beacuse they(WDW) have their own power supply( that never went out last year as fas as I know) - and the residents can get back to their homes quicker the closer they are to them. However - Disney (from last years info) only gave out rooms they had open and that had been canceled by people not coming because of the hurricanes.

Leaving on friday, I'm Not going to let here Get to me. I'll be at DISNEY and will make the best of it. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

my plane leaves at 7:)0 am tomorrow we will be allright getting out but I leave on sun 10:20 am we have tickets to halloween party on thurs and fri and tickets to HHN at universal on sat $100.00 a person with express I wonder if it would come in late late sat night, then how do we get home DD21 is in college and has a midterm mon night
maria

byoung said:
Leaving on friday, I'm Not going to let here Get to me. I'll be at DISNEY and will make the best of it. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

I'm not worried about being there. I'm worried about getting there.

I was born in Clearwater and I've been through hurricanes. I'm more worried about 1) the status of our flight and the Tampa airport and 2) getting there in time to land and scoot over to WDW ahead of the storm - if it comes in that far north. Once we're at BWV, we'll be fine.

We're supposed to land in Tampa at 2:30 pm on Saturday. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best. There's no way we can leave a day early. Darn.

DisFlan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter