Anyone else worry about leaving a very attached pet behind??

We have 2 boxers and our youngest one Sulley is 2 years old and he is such a mommies baby! Nala our other boxer is daddies baby! We stressed over what to do with them, usually we kennel them, but didn't want to since we were going longer then normal. We decided to ask my husbands cousin who is 20 and still lives with her dad. Give them a nice break from each other.....well.....we left on Wed (5/6) and received a phone call from her late Thursday night telling us she couldn't watch the dogs anymore. :scared1: She was having an allergic reaction to them hives, eye swollen shut the whole 9 yards! So first thing Friday morning while strolling through Epcot I was on the phone with their vet (also their kennel) Thankfully they had room for them from that Saturday until the day after we got back! Talk about feeling helpless and worried! Thank goodness my Mother inlaw came to look after them for a little until the kennel could take them! Sorry this ended up soooo long, but I know how you feel and from now on they will go to the kennel where I know they will be well cared for! Besides they like it there!

oh my gosh..this thread is so ironic as we are leaving Friday for Disney...we usually take our dogs, Taz, Max (2 poms in my siggy) and now a new baby Rascal-a 3 pound 7mnth old Yorkie! Taz and Max have been to WDW about a dozen times and Rascal has been 2x this year! So we always kenneled them at the TTC kennel. Well, we decided not to take them this time, and it is going to be nice not going to the kennel 4-5x a day to walk them. BUT, i am already missing my boys so bad!! This will be the first time that Rascal will be without me for 4 nites/5 days and I cry when I think about it! LUCKILY my sister is going to go to my house several times a day to check on them.

It is just that Im so attached to my animals it is unreal. I have 2 inside cats too that I worry about. We dont have kids, so our 5 babies are our kids. We act like parents to them. They sleep under our bed, and Rascal sleeps with us. All 3 boys are spoiled rotten and Im soooo worried about leaving them. I almost called the Kennel and told them to reserve me a spot, but I know they are more comfy at home.

And, the above poster who said that they dont miss the humans as much as we think in their own environment makes me feel alot better!! So thank you Sleepy!

My dog taz does wait by the door and doesnt eat when Im not around and i worry about him alot, but Im just gonna have to realize that they will be fine.

SO NOPE, YOU AINT ALONE!

That is the worst part of the trip, leaving the animals behind. I miss them, but after a few days I am ok. The worst time was a few years ago, when my dog wasn't doing too well. We came home and he died a week later. :sad1: This was the hardest trip, all I did was worry and think about him. If your dogs are well they will be fine. Just spoil them when you get back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter