• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else would question my sanity, but you are my people...UPDATE, DONE!!!

Looks perfectly normal to me! I've got a manilla folder and a spiral notebook next to me as I'm organizing my FP booking plans right now!

My fast pass list for tomorrow in order of how to make them! I shared with facebook group too as they are also my people. My regular friends have no idea what this even means! :rotfl:

hope you get the FOP FP! Or maybe even more than one? Enjoy the ride, it's the greatest attraction I think I've ever done in my life!

nobody attack me here, disney ROOKIE DISNEY ROOKIE HERE.... What is FOP? I am trying to figure out all the shortform but some i just have no idea what they are.

You're among friends. I once thought someone's DD's DS was the poster's grandson. Who knew it was some kind of electronic game.

Well, consider this:
Travel agents use shorthand for planning, which includes dates and times like this.
Doctors use short hand that is barely legible.
Students shorthand notes and have to write down/print their schedules.

Really, even if we weren't your people, you're not crazy in a bad way :upsidedow

That looks almost how I do my planning on longer trips!

With my short trips it has been get a FP+ for whatever day I can and then take a 15 minute break, regroup and plan backwards!

I might suggest you try for the FOP on the 29th first before the 31st. The 31st is much more likely to have open availability since it's your 7th day (unless Halloween has big effects that I don't know about since I've never been at WDW on 10/31). And the 27th is not very likely since it's your 3rd day - so that would still stay 3rd.

I saw someone report on the YC/BC thread today, their fastpass day, that the first FP+ available for FOP was in the evening of their 5th day, 6th day had more availability.
Oh shoot, I didn't think of that when I decided on what parks when, grrr. We are going to AK the 2nd and 4th day of a 5 night stay. 5 nights may not even be long enough to get a FP for FOP.

There is a lot of strategy involved.

Don't go to the MK on a Sat or Mon

Dont go to EP on a weekend when Food and Wine is going on

Unless you plan on using them, avoid the parks with EMH

The MK will be extra crowded on non party days.

If you want a FP for FOP then schedule AK toward the end of your trip.

Who knew a trip to DIsney World could be so complicated.
I feel so sorry for true rookies, what a quagmire of information to process and and act on.

Lol! I am like you. I like to write everything down the good old fashioned way.
I really didn't have a strategy for making FP 60 days out because I know the days we are going to be at which parks and FP is not going to change that. There was no way I was going to AK twice if we couldn't get FOP for the day we are visiting. I got all of the FP's I wanted except 7DMT, but was able to get that a few weeks ago at approximately 40 days out. I was able to get FOP 60 days out, but later in the afternoon than I prefer. I keep trying for an earlier time. It seems you are organized and know what you want, so you will be successful. Don't worry if you don't get everything you want the first time around as you will still have plenty of time to stalk MDE.
That's true for smaller parties but it has been a struggle for our party of 9 to even get the dining resv at 180 days out. Planning used to be fun. This post confirms that my oldest DD, my SiL and I will all be up and poised to pounce on the coveted FP's for our Dec trip. At this point it sounds like it would be a waste of valuable time to even try for FOP for all of us. DD, SiL and I will be back in March staying at AKL/BWV for a longer trip but again the AKL is 1st so our preferred FP's would be earlier in the trip :sad2:. I used to be such a good planner, I'm feeling a little defeated lol.

My fast pass list for tomorrow in order of how to make them! I shared with facebook group too as they are also my people. My regular friends have no idea what this even means! :rotfl:

View attachment 264558
So true, people (I'm looking at you DD #2 that won't even look at a menu) think good WDW trips just grow on trees. You've been up late strategizing, probably getting new wrinkles all for the team. Hope you got everything you wanted!

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got FOP for both 10/29 and 10/31 which were the days I wanted and for the times I wanted!!! Everything else was easy - except Peter Pan of all things. I wanted it at later at night on the Wednesday, but latest I could get was 5 pm! :laughing: I will keep trying.

And the family members linked to my MDE with packages were NOT available for me today, so I will have to add their fast passes on their respective days, but that is okay now because I have FOP covered. :)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got FOP for both 10/29 and 10/31 which were the days I wanted and for the times I wanted!!! Everything else was easy - except Peter Pan of all things. I wanted it at later at night on the Wednesday, but latest I could get was 5 pm! :laughing: I will keep trying.

And the family members linked to my MDE with packages were NOT available for me today, so I will have to add their fast passes on their respective days, but that is okay now because I have FOP covered. :)

Awesome! So glad you got what you wanted, including FOP!

Why... how else would one do it?? :D :thumbsup2

Picture this sort of thing, but in excel... that's me. :)
Me too, several tabs, cross referenced with one another, and a final tab with all the info together, park days planned around emh, dining, food and beverage seminars, fast passes, type of transportation for park hopping, best places for lunch, drinks etc. I even factored in 2 late mornings so we can sleep in. The fly in the ointment is that my 60 days out falls on a work day. :crazy2: Might book half day off. I don't think I put this much effort into planning my wedding.

Glad you got what you wanted!
17 days until my fastpass day. I will also make a list to work from, but I haven't started yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter