• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else..??

pattyT

DIS Veteran
Subjected to constant ridicule for your hobby!

On the way home from Maine stuck in super slow traffic there was a HUGE UPS tractor trailer truck and Mark and Gabby spent 20 minutes going on and on about how he must be going to our house...
and Mark is surprised I haven't bought a fork lift to get my stuff out of the truck when it comes...
:rolleyes:

Nope. My hubby's great! As a metter of fact, he recently told my SIL (his sister) how she should use a corner rounder on some paper she was putting on teh inside cover of a book to mak the lines match better. I was soooo impressed and proud. :goodvibes

Condolances for those of you who don't have the most supportive hubbies!

LOL Patty, are you that bad with shopping?? :rotfl: :rotfl2:

My DH is very supportive of my hobby! He was actually the one who bought me my Sizzix and my first Alpha set! :) He thinks it is wonderful that I create all these pages for our kids and wishes that he or his first wife would have done it for their kids! It is hard to find pictures of my stepchildren anywhere when they were young and I find that just a little sad. Now, of course, my kids look at me with the camera in hand at every occasion and go, "Oh geez, Mom, not another picture??" :rolleyes1 :teeth:

DH has been good so far! I've only been doing this for a short while though :) I showed him what I did for the CJ I'm in (the kids both getting their first haircut at WDW) and he teared up, lol. He laughed and said "I'm such a sap!"... yeah, he is, but I love him for it :D

Yep, my DH teases me relentlessly. I just cleaned out all my closets and had tons of bags of clothes, blankets and other household stuff to give his mom for her yardsale, and DH said, yeah, there are a few garbage bags of SB stuff in there that I cleaned out. :teeth: He knows better, but it always teasing me about getting rid of it.

:rolleyes1 We live on 2 acres and the neighbor catty-corner BEHIND us asked my FIL what was going on with me and the UPS man! Granted he's a nosy one, but still!

Fortunately, the mail carrier does a lot of pick ups (eBay shipments) as well, so at least I'm kinda sorta breaking even!

BTW, 6yo DD has seen the FedEx truck so often that she now points out the arrow in the logo (before any of the rest of us noticed it!) :rolleyes:

Beanie said:
LOL Patty, are you that bad with shopping?? :rotfl: :rotfl2:

My DH is very supportive of my hobby! He was actually the one who bought me my Sizzix and my first Alpha set! :)

Actually Mark bought MY first sizzix and alpha set too
(but only because it was the first thing in the door of Mikes that I said - oh I want that - we were goign in for black cardstock mind you - and he said I'll buy them for you if we can just get out of here... :rotfl: :rotfl: )

Hi Patty -- how did you enjoy our great state of Maine?

Hey Bigsis -
it is always nice -
we were in Acton on Treasure Island (anywhere near you?)
I could not deal with that traffic every weekend like my sis does! But it was a fun weekend even if id did take over 3 hours to get home (usually about 2)

Acton isn't too far away from me -- more south of my town. Did you go to the Acton Fair ? Bummer about the drive I agree...

DH is pretty supportive. He gets me gift certificates to LSS and buys little things for me as gifts. He takes blame for getting me into scrapbooking, cuz in 1995 he sent me to my first CM party-- gave me a little $$ and said have fun :flower: . Now, the only time I get any grief, is if I leave my scrap area all a mess and don't put away the good stuff.... that is when he regrets "getting me started" :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Funny you mention that fair :rotfl: :rotfl:
My oldest DD had a traumatic experience their 2 years ago -
we had rented ahouse right behind the fair grounds and decided to walk to it - not realizing when you dot down the road a ways there weren't any street lights and it was PITCH BLACK! she cried til we got around the next corner and could see light!
THEN at the fair she asked EVERY vendor - do you have a flashlight - til she FINALLY found one - so she had NO interest in going there this time and when she would act up we would threaten to bring her to the fair and she would say "NO NO ANYTHING but that!"

haa haa , funny i haven't been there in years (my best friend used to be in4-H and we would always spend the weekend in one of the food shacks -- we have loads of fun making shakes one year!! )

pattyT said:
Actually Mark bought MY first sizzix and alpha set too
(but only because it was the first thing in the door of Mikes that I said - oh I want that - we were goign in for black cardstock mind you - and he said I'll buy them for you if we can just get out of here... :rotfl: :rotfl: )
Maybe you need to take him into Michaels more often to see what else he will buy you just to get out of the store?? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter