Anyone ever order Bon Voyage Package and Cheese Tray?

disgreat

Earning My Ears
Dh and I are going on the Magic in October to Canada.

Has anyone ordered the Bon Voyage package and the cheese and fruit tray to have in their room prior to sailing?

Is it worth the extra expense or should I just order something from room service (I think it is called "All hands on deck)?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Has anyone ordered the Bon Voyage package and the cheese and fruit tray to have in their room prior to sailing?

Is it worth the extra expense or should I just order something from room service (I think it is called "All hands on deck)?

Personally, I wouldn't pay for a cheese plate when I can get one from room service (for just cost of tips).

My sister had the cheese and fruit tray delivered to our stateroom for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago with a bottle of champagne, it was very nice.
We had 4 adults traveling with us, so thankfully it was eaten up. Some of the fruit is different than what is offered in Cabanas too.

Did this for our first cruise. Ended up with most of the cheese being thrown out after sitting in the frig for the the whole cruise.There was just too much food.We have ordered All Hands on Deck. It does not have the variety of cheeses, but the size and cost was more appropriate for us.I would not order the Bon Voyage again bt not everyone likes the same thing.

I agree with others: I wouldn't spend money on the cheese. There's so much food available on the ship that you already paid for, so I can't see paying for more. You can bring your own bottle of wine for sail-away and get the All Hands on Deck and you'll have a nice time. I'd be more likely to pre-order a gift, like the bathrobes.

I agree with others: I wouldn't spend money on the cheese. There's so much food available on the ship that you already paid for, so I can't see paying for more. You can bring your own bottle of wine for sail-away and get the All Hands on Deck and you'll have a nice time. I'd be more likely to pre-order a gift, like the bathrobes.

I too would carry on the Champagne (I don't like their offerings) & order the All Hands on Deck Platter once in room while Champs cools. But I wouldn't pre-order the Fruit & Cheese Platter.
If you like the Champagne offered then maybe just that to avoid the hassle of carrying on.

Agree with several of the PP's, don't pay for a cheese plate. Order the "All hands on deck" from room service for free and tip the person that delivers it a buck or two.

Lessons I have learned after our three first cruises: everytime we ordered food as "gifts", we wasted at least half of it.

We have found the Bon Voyage package to be nice since we never bring our own wine but I would recommend a wine package instead. At least you can pick your wine among a list.

We have had them in the dining room. It was a success.

DSCN0828.JPG , a
DH and I were given the Fruit and Cheese platter 2 years ago for our anniversary cruise by MIL. The cheeses are unique, different than you find in other locations throughout the boat and I have to say the best fresh raisins I have ever eaten. We did enjoy it very much, but to be honest if I were the one paying for it I probably wouldn't get it again. There is so much food on the boat, it took us almost the full week to eat it and we did end up throwing a few pieces away. Here is a picture of our platter so you can see the real thing.

We have never ordered room service but I think I might try the All Hands on Deck next time we cruise.

We ordered the Cheese platter during our last cruise and boy was it good. Unique Cheeses made a nice touch. Would we do it again.....probably not for a while. Now we always get the Champagne. kind of a tradition.

We ordered the Cheese platter during our last cruise and boy was it good. Unique Cheeses made a nice touch. Would we do it again.....probably not for a while. Now we always get the Champagne. kind of a tradition.

The champagne is our new tradition as well! Last cruise (anniversary trip) we had a surprise bottle in our room from our great friends (who were not sailing with us), then we were gifted another bottle from a great couple we met onboard, THEN haha because it was our anniversary, my husband had pre-ordered the champagne/robe package pre cruise and this was delivered on day 4 I believe. LOL So, we ended up having 3 bottles on 1 cruise. I have ordered bottles for the next 2 cruises we have coming up soon.

Thanks everyone for the information and pictures and descriptions of past experiences.

Looks like I'll be ordering room service "All hands on deck" platter based on everyone's descriptions.

I will probably order the champagne because I don't feel like lugging the bottle around. (Also - I'm a klutz and afraid that I would break it! LOL)

Thanks again for the opinions!

looks like you have received a lot of good advise.

I am a LARGE person, and the thought of buying even more food on a cruise nauseates me (except for Palo!) and it's not because there's a cost - its that there is so much (good) food available throughout the day that I don't need or want anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter