Anyone ever seen a guest ignore their FP window?

Is it officially their discretion? I ask because we had a bit of pixie dust on our last trip. We missed our only 7DMT FP because I got stuck on the line that morning on hold due to Irma for an hour and change. We got to the tapstiles and explained our predicament to the CM. She told us to scan, we flashed blue and she said "looks green to me, have a magical day." Awesome, but I worried slightly she'd get in trouble for it. It'd be nice to hear she's officially allowed to do that.

Matt

They're definitely allowed to do that at their discretion.
On our last day, some of our party (7 of the 13) had gotten paper FPs for Splash, the rest did not have any. I decided it couldn't hurt to as, so explained it was our last day, only some of our party had FPs, but we would love to all ride it together. They let us through no problem. I would not have been upset if they said no, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

People scam their way in a lot. I've seen arguing their way in, slipping in while the CM was looking the other way, playing dumb and getting let in the FP line. It happens. I just accept it.

I've seen the arguing, some CMs just not up for the confrontation, as well as people slip through unnoticed. The last one bothered me a few times on our last trip, especially when my 9-year-old daughter noticed and looked at me for a reaction. It's frustrating when your child knows better but it's adults breaking the rules. I would say aloud to her "Don't worry about it. They're breaking the rules, not you." While I didn't raise my voice for those people to hear me, I surely didn't whisper either. What can you really do?

The one I always see a problem with is Spaceship Earth. People go to this ride as soon as they enter into the park and think they have a FP at any time. It really slows down the FP line for people like me (and the other 20 people in line) that actually know what they are doing.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but, just as an FYI if you see the tapstile turn blue when someone taps a band - sometimes that means the person is using a DAS return time and the CM then has to manually check them in on their screen so the tapstile then turns green and then will be green when the people accompanying them tap. I just wanted to point out that no one is circumventing rules in this case. It's just the way the DAS works.

Now I'm annoyed to know that the CM's are able to choose to let you through. Our last trip, my first ever using FP and the phone app, I had an issue with accidentally deleting our FP's. I had a baby and a 3 yo with me and as we were walking up to the line I had the app open in my phone and my fingers touched the screen as I was juggling kids. Poof! I deleted our FP to meet Anna and Elsa without realizing. I told the CM what had just happened and he wouldn't even listen. Just kept telling me that I needed a FP to enter the line. I nicely explained that up until 10 seconds ago I did. He wasn't nice at all and just shrugged and wouldn't let us enter. I thought he had no choice in the matter but now I'm irritated to know that he did.

Now I'm annoyed to know that the CM's are able to choose to let you through. Our last trip, my first ever using FP and the phone app, I had an issue with accidentally deleting our FP's. I had a baby and a 3 yo with me and as we were walking up to the line I had the app open in my phone and my fingers touched the screen as I was juggling kids. Poof! I deleted our FP to meet Anna and Elsa without realizing. I told the CM what had just happened and he wouldn't even listen. Just kept telling me that I needed a FP to enter the line. I nicely explained that up until 10 seconds ago I did. He wasn't nice at all and just shrugged and wouldn't let us enter. I thought he had no choice in the matter but now I'm irritated to know that he did.

Sorry to hear that, I would be annoyed, too. I had something similar happen this past March, except it was my teenage son who accidentally deleted some of our fastpasses, including SDMT and FEA. We had to go to guest services in the parks, and they were very nice about restoring our fastpasses. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

I think this is an example of how the rule breakers ruin it for others - because they give excuses like this all the time. Of course, for these people it's not an actual explanation, it's a lie. But unfortunately a CM can't really tell who is and isn't lying, so often the default is just to say no. In the case of Irma I would imagine it's a little different because there was a real issue going on that everyone knew about, and it was legitimately causing issues for a ton of people.

I've never seen anyone force their way into the FP queue, but I have seen frustrated guests when the CM has informed them that they're too early or late. Mostly, I've seen CM usher them through regardless, but have also witnessed CM not budging and guests arguing with them.

In June, I completely goofed on our FP+ time for Buzz. I thought it was 2-3, but it was actually 1-2. I felt like a fool when the CM told me but he let us into the line.

Sorry to hear that, I would be annoyed, too. I had something similar happen this past March, except it was my teenage son who accidentally deleted some of our fastpasses, including SDMT and FEA. We had to go to guest services in the parks, and they were very nice about restoring our fastpasses. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Thanks, good to know! Hopefully that never happens again, I am now very careful about closing the app before I start doing other things.

I always like it when people who know it's not their time for the ride/attraction will nonetheless stand around the entrance and block it for those who are legitimately trying to enter.

It is up to their discretion. I have always found if you have a real reason to be late or a little early (earlier then the 5 minutes), they will let you in. A popular real excuse in AK is that I am late due to waiting in FOP line or something like that. I am sure they get pretty good at telling when you are just trying to fool them vs. telling the truth.

Saw a foreign couple ahead of us at FEA light up blue and the CM stopped them. But they didn't speak English (or pretended not to), and after much confusion she overrode it and let them through. I kid you not, my DH said he saw the same couple pull the same thing at TT.

Saw a foreign couple ahead of us at FEA light up blue and the CM stopped them. But they didn't speak English (or pretended not to), and after much confusion she overrode it and let them through. I kid you not, my DH said he saw the same couple pull the same thing at TT.
Well, it apparently works, so why not? :rolleyes1

I have seen lots of people show up 12 hours early not knowing it. Sorry - 9PM not 9AM is not good to hear. Only once did I see it get almost ugly. It was at Mine Train. There were a couple of cast members there, and they squashed it. Good for them.
that happened to us once we went at like 9pm and it was a 9am FP they let us in knowing we had made a mistake.

Sure. I saw it happen in Sept. 2017. A group of 6 went up to the FP+ area and had the 2 kids start with their magic bands. I overheard the one adult tell them to keep walking no matter what.
Sure enough the kids put their magic bands up and got the blue light and kept walking. Then 2 adults did it and when the CM said something to the next 2 people they said "well our kids just went in" and the CM let them all through.

I was right behind them and heard the whole thing. They knew what they were doing was wrong but did it anyways. I wasn't surprised - I was kind of sad that people are teaching their kids that type of thing.

What I noticed more this trip than any other trip was the long FP entry lines. I used to expect to show up and walk right on the ride I had a FP for. Not this trip. It also seemed like I came across numerous heated discussions between CM and people trying to enter FP lines. Lots of blue lights, lots of arguing and case pleading. I'm not claiming to know who is scamming and who isn't but it makes me wonder how well overall Disney's FP system is working. At the least it appears they are pushing it to the max and at times it isn't running very efficiently.

Sure enough the kids put their magic bands up and got the blue light and kept walking. Then 2 adults did it and when the CM said something to the next 2 people they said "well our kids just went in" and the CM let them all through.
Which ride was this?

Sure. I saw it happen in Sept. 2017. A group of 6 went up to the FP+ area and had the 2 kids start with their magic bands. I overheard the one adult tell them to keep walking no matter what.

I was right behind them and heard the whole thing. They knew what they were doing was wrong but did it anyways. I wasn't surprised - I was kind of sad that people are teaching their kids that type of thing.

Sometime I feel as though I'm doing my kids a disservice raising them to be kind, thoughtful, respectful human beings. It sure doesn't seem like there will be many people like that by the time they are adults.

I've seen people scan their bands get blue and still walk on the ride.
Okay, this is one of those threads that makes my head spin a little. WDW's system is far from perfect.

I've experienced a great many legitimate problems with WDW's FP system.

I've done this (what the above poster describes) multiple times: I had a FP, scanned my band in the correct time window, and wasn't really focused on what color the lights were supposed to be, and I'm somebody who knows WDW very well. I'm seriously not going to look down on someone who doesn't pay attention to the color and keeps walking. Internationally, RED = stop, not BLUE.

Mainly though, the FP system just doesn't always work the way it is supposed to work.

None of WDW works perfectly the way it is supposed to work, and many of the problems are WDW's.

We have the right to speak up when WDW's system don't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter