Anyone ever shipped a piano

cassie714

<font color=purple>Revenge of the Mummy kept on br
My mom has finally agreed to give up my piano:thumbsup2 Only problem is I am wondering how much it will cost to ship. She live in north carolina and we live in louisiana. It is about 900 miles. The piano is in good physical condition but hasnt been played in a long time. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this? I am hoping the cost is not going to be crazy!

It's not cheap. We paid $400 dollars to have our daughters piano moved 1 1/2 hours away. That included a tuning when it arrived which is neccessary.

Curious how others did this as well. We are wanting to move my mom's piano from NJ to Ohio. I'm not only worried about the cost, but that it will be done properly...

Look in the phone book for freight companies and start calling for quotes. Id suggest Old Dominion or a dedicated piano moving company...

We paid $100 to have ours moved one town over and had to provide two men to help. If mover had been forced to hire his own help, it would have been more.

I'd want to have a local person check it before I paid to have it moved. We bought an upright years ago that turned out to be unfixable and worthless.

Sheila

Curious how others did this as well. We are wanting to move my mom's piano from NJ to Ohio. I'm not only worried about the cost, but that it will be done properly...

If you want to know who *not* to use, PM me. Our move was somewhat similar to yours and if there's even a chance you might choose the movers we had, I would caution anyone not to use them ever!!!! Never! :scared1:

Not cheap, if done right. My mother had hers moved from Wisconsin back to Tennessee, and it cost her $1300.

I too have a musical instrument transport horror story. Over $7000 in
damage and months waiting for the transport company to take
responsibility.

I think we paid around $200 to move our 5" grand about 30 miles. You should only hire movers that specialize in pianos and be sure to purchase insurance! You might even call a local piano store and ask who they would recommend.

I paid $175 about 5 years ago to go about 10 miles. We used a professional piano moving company. Not just any mover.

My FIL hired a freight company to ship the piano we now have from MN to GA. I have no idea what he paid them but it wasn't a specialty piano mover at all.

I can't believe DH said he'd take the thing. None of us play and it's just taking up space and annoying me. It's over 100 years old and considered a family heirloom. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter