• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever work or do work at DL?

D23Ry

Mouseketeer
So layoffs are coming at my work and I am wondering what I should do next...

anyone ever work at DL? how was it? room for advancement? With so many people working at DL, I would think it would be hard to move up in the company.

Also, I think I heard you start part time and no full time positions? just curious of your experience.

although i have not worked for DL I have applied to positions within the company but I have friends who have worked for both DL and wdw and they all tell me the same thing...no full time positions, and the pay isnt all that great because they give really good perks to employees...good luck to you!

I guess it depends what line of work you are in. A previous relative got on at WDW full time several years ago - he does HVAC. I haven't heard that he's left his job so I assume he still has the same job.

So layoffs are coming at my work and I am wondering what I should do next...

anyone ever work at DL? how was it? room for advancement? With so many people working at DL, I would think it would be hard to move up in the company.

Also, I think I heard you start part time and no full time positions? just curious of your experience.

They just hired 2,500 new Cast Members for the DCA, so chances are there aren't a lot of openings....one news report I read said that they had 50,000 applications! I know jobs are scarce but that's a lot of people looking for low paying jobs!

What are some of the perks?

Free Park admission and extra tickets to give to friends and family

Discounts on theme park tickets and merchandise

Access to a Cast Member-only recreation area with tennis, volleyball, and an swimming pool

Discounts with local merchants and attractions

i think up to 50% off of rooms ....

My guess is that it depends on what you have to offer. Management positions are full time, but of course are going to be harder to get.

I haven't worked at DLR, but I worked at WDW last summer serving Dole Whips. It was a really neat experience, and I loved working for the mouse. My position was only seasonal, but in the future I'd love to look into part-time and professional internships with Disney.

I haven't worked at DLR, but I worked at WDW last summer serving Dole Whips. It was a really neat experience, and I loved working for the mouse. My position was only seasonal, but in the future I'd love to look into part-time and professional internships with Disney.

Neat!!

Sounds pretty cool.

As a PP stated, they just finished their hiring for awhile. They hired quite a few people, some full and some part time. Plus they are done with their seasonal hiring as well. There are some retail opening in DTD from what I hear, but those are hit and miss as well.

As for what it is like working for the mouse, it depends. As with most companies there are some really good jobs and some that are not. The back office jobs are pretty similar to what you might find at any large corporation. Their jobs in entertainment are most often audition only. For parades and shows, they audition a cast and you are in that cast until that show is over and then you are back to auditions again (generally speaking). Long running shows like Aladdin have a different cycle. Attractions and such are another matter. They are part time, even for supervisory, but part time during peak season could mean quite a few hours.

Disney has several rules that they expect all CMs to follow. For some, those rules can feel a bit restrictive. For others, it is no big deal. Rules such as dress and appearance, showing up to work on time, limited number of "call-ins" for sick days, etc.

Personally, I have never worked there, but I know several that do (or have) held a variety of positions at Disney. Some who have been there for over 20 years. The biggest complaints that I hear from those who work in the parks are about the park guests, which is pretty typical for that type of work.

I encourage anyone seeking employement with Disney to give it a shot. If you are on these boards it generally means you identify with the brand and that means you probably already have a respect for the company and what it stands for. To me, that is a huge plus in any job.

Go for it ... and good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter