Anyone familiar with flying out of Newark Airport?

Barb

A DIS Original!
I'm trying to find a reasonable place to park a car long term or a reliable town car service that won't charge me an arm and a leg from Pottstown, Pa to the airport. This is so frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

We have used the parking spot and SNAP. Both are fine. They offer frequent shuttle service. SNAP is indoor parking so I tend to use that in the winter.

I love the Parking Spot. Join their frequent parking club (points don't expire) and save them up to get free parking on a subsequent trip.

I'm surprised you are looking at EWR instead of PHL and ABE. I typically fine lower fares with the latter two, and parking at PHL is by far the lowest of the three.

Just returned home today, flew in and out of Newark Sunday to Sunday. Fairly long security lines. I hate Terminal A where JetBlue (and I think SW are), mainly because past security there is ONE smallish ladies room, with long lines, lol.

Parking is expensive for Newark airport, you just have to factor that into your trip. I use Parking Spot, McClellan, it is valet. They do give a AAA discount, and there are coupons floating around, and corporate discounts which is what I use. Still high though!

PS I have flights in October EWR to MCO and got $82 each way, so sometimes it is less than PHL. I prefer PHL but EWR is 1/2 hour closer to me.

We've driven down to EWR from Boston on Friday night with a park and stay reservation at the Spring Hill Suites and took the Shuttle to EWR the next morning for an early 6:00 a.m. non stop flight to MCO or TPA. $140 included a room for the night, 10 days free parking and a shuttle ride to the airport. There are other Park and stay hotels in the area; Spring Hill is our favorite.
Good Luck All,
Joe

I love the Parking Spot. Join their frequent parking club (points don't expire) and save them up to get free parking on a subsequent trip.

I'm surprised you are looking at EWR instead of PHL and ABE. I typically fine lower fares with the latter two, and parking at PHL is by far the lowest of the three.

We're taking my son, DIL and two granddaughters this trip. My son decided that's where he wanted to fly out of. We're not pleased, but we don't want to make waves already. LOL

We've driven down to EWR from Boston on Friday night with a park and stay reservation at the Spring Hill Suites and took the Shuttle to EWR the next morning for an early 6:00 a.m. non stop flight to MCO or TPA. $140 included a room for the night, 10 days free parking and a shuttle ride to the airport. There are other Park and stay hotels in the area; Spring Hill is our favorite.
Good Luck All,
Joe

This was my other thought-to stay overnight near the airport and park there. Thanks!

Just returned home today, flew in and out of Newark Sunday to Sunday. Fairly long security lines. I hate Terminal A where JetBlue (and I think SW are), mainly because past security there is ONE smallish ladies room, with long lines, lol.

Parking is expensive for Newark airport, you just have to factor that into your trip. I use Parking Spot, McClellan, it is valet. They do give a AAA discount, and there are coupons floating around, and corporate discounts which is what I use. Still high though!

PS I have flights in October EWR to MCO and got $82 each way, so sometimes it is less than PHL. I prefer PHL but EWR is 1/2 hour closer to me.

We got $82, non stop for Sept. too!

Get there really early, the recent reports have been tsa is 3 hr long lines.

3 hours??? Is that during midday? We fly out of EWR on Friday, our flight is at 7am, Southwest. Hopefully it's not as bad earlier in the morning. We were planning to arrive by 5:30am, but now I'm worried we should get there earlier.

I actually flew out of Newark last month for work, my flight was at 9am, I got there around 7:15am. There was a longer wait through security than usual, but it wasn't terrible, maybe 10-20 minutes? Nothing significant enough to even remember. I had plenty of time to sit around, eat breakfast, etc. I was wasting time after I got through security. I was unaware of this issue at that time.

You really should get to the airport at LEAST 2 hours prior to your flight. You just never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter