Anyone familiar with Verizon's Travel Pass that is included with the Do More plan?

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
I noticed that we have 12 Travel Pass days banked up with our Verizon Do More plans. I both called and did a live chat with Verizon but I didn't really come away with clear concise answers.
I know that we can not use it on the cruise ship, but that we can use the pass while in port at Nassau, not sure about Castaway.
Has anyone used the Travel Pass feature with Verizon that could explain it better for me?

Travel Pass basically lets you use the cell network in whatever country you're in. We used it in the Bahamas (but not as part of a cruise). We paid $10/day and it was $10 for the 24 hour period starting from when you first use it. I'm sure you probably could use it on Castaway, but the ship's wifi worked on parts of the island. We didn't try to use the Travel Pass. In the Bahamas, we found it to be fine. Not as fast as we're used to at home, but definitely better than 3G. Since you have it as part of your plan, not sure if you have to actively sign up for it (we did) but might want to make sure just in case. Otherwise you'd get charged the default per minute rate.

I have used Travel Pass once last year. From what I remember, you must activate the Travel Pass while in the US by texting TRAVEL to 4004. Once activated you will always have it and no need to turn it off after your trip. Once you are in a Verizon Travel Pass country and ready to text or talk, take your phone off airplane mode and make sure cellular data/data roaming is on. Your 24 hour session will begin. So if you are in the Bahamas for example, you can talk and text for 24 hours for $10. You need to put your phone back on airplane mode before the 24 hours ends or you will be charged another $10 for another 24 hour session. Remember, even if you turn off airplane mode but haven't started talking or texting the session has already been activated by your email syncing and apps refreshing as soon as you turned off airplane mode. I'm not sure you can use it on Castaway Cay unless its a part of the Bahamas network. Here is a link to Verizon. https://www.verizon.com/support/travelpass-faqs/ Hope this helps :flower:

Also I forgot to add that even though you have Travel Pass Days, you still need to activate your line. Once you use all your Travel Pass Days then you will be charged $10/day after that

IIRC Verizon sends a text notification as soon as it detects your in another country. It has all the travel pass info for that country as well as rates if you don't activate it. You can reply YES to activate the pass. I didn't have to do anything special/different ahead of time.

We have used it all over the world from the Caribbean to Africa, etc. I think my plan allows up to 4 passes a month and like you they roll over. As soon as I hit a foreign country and turn off airplane mode, I get a welcome to…message snd I can text and make unlimited calls and use data (up to a small amount) per day. Once the saved days are gone it costs $10 as day.

We all have it, even though my kids are adults it’s something I gift when they are traveling out of the country. Ds25 just returned from the Bahamas and used it. I like that once it’s on your phone you don’t need to turn it on and off.

The TravelPass let’s you call/text anyone in the US or the country you are visiting. DO remember, as mentioned above, to go back to Airplane Mode to deactivate the service. This is the text you get. It does work on Castaway.

1686007418415.png

Just to add to above, they also have a monthly travel pass, which is $100/month, if you're going to be out of the country for more than 10 days. I will say, in my experience, having used travel pass in many countries, most things work just fine, like normal, but texting photos hasn't always worked for me (especially when texting an iphone to an android).

Also, because I am cheap, I usually start the 24 hours at Noon on day #1 and it will go until Noon on Day #2. And then I will wait until Noon on Day#3 to do another 24 hours. So you kinda get two days for the price of one??? I don't need to be constantly connected. What's an Android??? (just kidding!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter