Anyone fly frontier w/carseat?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone found a carseat that works in the super tiny Frontier seats? First time flying Frontier and it seems like their seats are smaller than most airlines. Nervous about our carseats fitting! Any experience?

No experience with car seats. Seats are 18" wide which is standard. Leg room (pitch) is less then other airlines. The seats are slimline, not much padding. Not sure why you think car seat won't fit.
Where did you read about issues
https://faq.flyfrontier.com/help/what-do-i-need-to-know-if-i-am-traveling-with-a-small-child

Form here:
https://faq.flyfrontier.com/help/can-i-bring-a-car-seat-onboard
“Minimum seat widths on the A319 and A320 are 17.4" and on our A321 minimum seat widths are 16.5"

Most car seats will not fit this width.

Seatguru lists the width as 18".
Edited to add Frontier wouldn't tell you its OK to use FAA approved seats if they don’t fit.
Frontier lists minimum width Bulkhead seats are narrower, the tray is in the armrest

Last edited:

It's been quite a few years since we've flown Frontier (we tend to fly Southwest now), but we used a Cosco Scenera (now it's called the Cosco Scenera NEXT I believe) and it fit. Its been my standard airline carseat for years now (I've replaced it once.) It's very lightweight and slim - not to mention cheap enough that you don't need to be concerned if something happens to it.

Has anyone found a carseat that works in the super tiny Frontier seats? First time flying Frontier and it seems like their seats are smaller than most airlines. Nervous about our carseats fitting! Any experience?
yes, I flew Frontier last summer with my then 11 month old. I used a Cosco Scenera and was even able to install it RF but it was really upright. In hindsight, I probably should have installed front facing to get a better recline for sleeping. But in some ways, its easier RF because you have face to face access with baby.

Attachments

• 97CBD98A-3857-4FB9-A861-B616561AB523.jpeg
    97CBD98A-3857-4FB9-A861-B616561AB523.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B4EEBC7B-4A74-4530-97D7-D12493A5D12B.jpeg
    B4EEBC7B-4A74-4530-97D7-D12493A5D12B.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 10
yes, I flew Frontier last summer with my then 11 month old. I used a Cosco Scenera and was even able to install it RF but it was really upright. In hindsight, I probably should have installed front facing to get a better recline for sleeping. But in some ways, its easier RF because you have face to face access with baby.
Thank you!! This is what has me nervous! We use the same car seat and have not had any issues installing RF before but frontier has me nervous. It sounds like it did fit in the seat tho so that is good!! Thank you! Maybe we will just go for FF for the better fit. We have only used it RF before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter