Anyone from South Carolina?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned to Hilton Head for the first time, heading there end of July. I'm just curious where the state is on opening things such as restaurants, etc, and any other restrictions. Thanks.

We took a trip to HHI in May and all restaurants were open for dine in except for the Thai restaurants. Public pools were back open and everything was very normal, had a wonderful time!

My ILs live there. They said everything is open, but cases are skyrocketing (up 168% over two weeks ago, as of today). They were venturing out only for essentials, wearing masks, but they have stopped doing that at this point. I don't think their governor is likely to shut down the state again, so things may get much worse.

I live in SC. Everything is open. Restaurants still have limited capacity-- I think it's 50%. When we've been out to eat all but 1 restaurant had their staff wearing masks.

Currently there is no state mandated wearing of a face covering. You will not be the only one wearing one when you're out and about but you won't see 100% of people doing so. Some places require a face covering to enter, others don't. It's up to the establishment.

Cases are rising but as the PP said I don't see the governor shutting things down again.

We are in Myrtle Beach right now. Pretty much everything is open. We are staying in to eat but we see droves of people at restaurants. We are near Tanger Outlets and there were lots of cars, parking lot was just as full as it normally is. They have limited shopping hours right now. I think it was something like noon to 7 maybe. We are wearing a mask when we have to run out to grab something at the grocery store, food pick up, etc. We aren’t the only ones but I’d say no more than 10% are wearing masks here besides the workers. Some of the restaurant parking lots are so full that I’m pretty sure they can’t be socially distancing.
We also live in SC- upstate. You won’t see much different than normal anywhere in SC for the most part. Restaurants are supposed to have social distancing and a limited number of people. Where we live they seem to be doing that. We are still afraid of going into restaurants but the parking lots look a lot less populated. It is a little scary how much our numbers are increasing. I read something last night saying that the percentage of people per 100,000 people, who have Covid, was more now in SC than in Georgia.

I live just south of Myrtle Beach in Pawleys Island. Cases are spiking right now. A good number of restaurants have temporarily closed because of staff testing positive. Today's case count set a new record -- 987. You can keep up with the latest info at scdhec.gov.

HHI is pretty much open except for events with more than 50 (I think that is the number).

All beaches are open, restaurants are open with restrictions on inside dining. Many restaurants have their wait staff wear masks but some will not have that requirement.

As noted above positive tests are been rising recently in the state. HH has also been rising, but no additional deaths for awhile now.

The governor has stated that slowing the spread is now up to the citizens of the state (and those visiting) and won't likely order a return to closing business.

Fireworks near the DVC Resort have been canceled for the summer and July 4th fireworks are canceled for the entire island.

There is no quarantine requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter