Anyone getting their Christmas shopping done early?

I'm not even sure if I will have any cash to do so, despite I really only shop for three people.

Nothing for my husband and I. The kids will get their regular stuff. Not sure how it's all going to get wrapped but hopefully we will figure it out.

I always do my shopping early. I am not done yet and consider myself late this year.
No idea what to get some people......and I only buy for 6.
I will not be shopping in stores, only online. but that is pretty usual too.
The hardest are the grand kids. They have so many toys.....I was thinking an "experience". Annual pass to something, but have to figure out what.

When my daughters got to be (young) adults with jobs and were buying whatever they wanted or needed is when we decided to stop exchanging gifts. My oldest daughter (mid-20's at the time) suggested it and we all said YES! So much less stressful.
Yes, same here with my two sons. They are both adults with jobs, one son (20) still lives at home. They buy themselves whatever they need and have never really been into gift exchanges. Which is just as well since my husband recently lost his job-nobody's getting anything! Our one hold out is still my mother in law, last couple years she's just been getting rid of stuff she already has and wrapping it up as gifts. Why? I'd much rather just spend quality time with family and friends then be stressful, running around buying and exchanging gifts that are basically junk. Bah humbug :headache::headache:

I'm usually done early but haven't really given it much thought this year. I did buy some Christmas ornaments for everbody while at WDW this past Jan and I have a Lego set for one of my grandsons but that's about it so far. I'm thinking this may be the year we cut WAY back. The dear grandchildren really don't need much so maybe one gift each and some cold cash so if there is something they need their mommys or daddys can bet it for them or they can put it in a bank acct getting next to nothing in interest LOL. :sad2: (the double edged sward of low interest rates :thumbsup2)

Amazon has messed up our Christmas shopping. DW sees stuff she wants to get for someone, orders it saying "It's for Christmas," and then gives it to them right away. So we're not only shopping for presents, we are presenting!

Part of the problem is delivery. In previous years, we had to be concerned about availability, sales, etc. We had to order early, or it might not come in time.

Today, that is just a little bit different. Of the last 10 items we've ordered from Amazon, 8 have come next-day, one came the second day, and the other took a week or so. DD came home from college for a visit yesterday and left her laptop charger at school. She'd gonna be home for 9 days, so I ordered a new one from Amazon -- delivery tomorrow (Sunday). That's just nuts...in a good way.

I start early and usually finish the week before Christmas. I love doing it and taking my time. Also, the deals are very hot a week before the holiday.

I went out this afternoon and got a bunch of gifts out of the way. I am glad to have a head start because I do think it will be a nightmare this year. Since the number of people allowed in the stores are limited, I can already see the lines around the parking lots. No thank you. I just don’t have the patience.😁

Also plan on doing online shopping as well. My plan is to be done by the end of the month. Which will definitely be a first for me.

Anyone else starting early?

I won't be going to any stores will do it all online.

However, yes I've started early did most of mine this weekend

I have beenworking on coming up with ideas for everybody for several weeks now but actually started buying things today. Most everything will be purchased online. I loathe Christmas shopping in stores.

I need to get my lists made and get started. I am planning on doing most shopping online this year. I think the only thing I've bought so far is a shirt for my brother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter