Anyone getting through to Costco Travel 5/5 a.m.

ladybrgndy

Earning My Ears
I've called 7 times and my call has been dropped. Sometimes getting the message to call back later due to experiencing high call volume.

I have tropical hold music (which I'm taking as a good sign) after 8th attempt at 8 mins after opening time.

Got through after holding for 30 mins but Costco travel agents can't get through to Disney 🙄. There has to be a better way 😭!

I got through to Costco this morning first thing after about a 45 minute wait. I selected option 2 for cruise and then option 1 for (Crystal? Princess? I don't remember). When I'd tried using the 2 for cruises and 2 for other cruise lines option it wouldn't let me through. BUT once I got through the employee only took all my information on a form, I didn't get confirmation of anything. He said there was another team handling the requests separately due to the wait times and I'd hear back in 24-48 hours. I had a list of preferred cabins but he only would take one and then the desired category because he said the way the form was designed they didn't have room. If I'd had my heart set on a specific cabin I would be devastated. He did not take my credit card info for the deposit either; he said they'd contact me. I asked if they'd email or what and he said they're *supposed* to. I am worried the cabins I want will go quickly when they open to the public tomorrow. This system is such garbage.

I feel you! I held on the phone with the Costco travel agent for 5 hrs before being told the same thing as you. After all of that I didn’t get to book and am supposed to wait 24-48 hrs for someone to call me back. Im going to call them again tomorrow when they open. I know it’s not their fault. Im so disappointed with Disney. They’ve always held the highest standard for customer service and this is just beyond unacceptable.

I got through to Costco this morning first thing after about a 45 minute wait. I selected option 2 for cruise and then option 1 for (Crystal? Princess? I don't remember). When I'd tried using the 2 for cruises and 2 for other cruise lines option it wouldn't let me through. BUT once I got through the employee only took all my information on a form, I didn't get confirmation of anything. He said there was another team handling the requests separately due to the wait times and I'd hear back in 24-48 hours. I had a list of preferred cabins but he only would take one and then the desired category because he said the way the form was designed they didn't have room. If I'd had my heart set on a specific cabin I would be devastated. He did not take my credit card info for the deposit either; he said they'd contact me. I asked if they'd email or what and he said they're *supposed* to. I am worried the cabins I want will go quickly when they open to the public tomorrow. This system is such garbage.
General public is not able to book until Monday.

Yeah - we are trying to reach DCL via Costco to postpone TOMORROW's cruise due to a Covid issue. ALL DAY on phone yesterday. Costco can't reach Disney. What the heck are we supposed to do? This is ridiculous.

To be fair, this is not all Disney. You're choosing to use a big box store. They have their procedures, and because they haven't met certain of Disney standards, they have to use a regular line.
My TA is with a small Disney-certified agency that has a "diamond/platinum" line. Yes, she's had to wait a bit first thing in the morning, but by afternoon she'd reported a very short wait.

To be fair, this is not all Disney. You're choosing to use a big box store. They have their procedures, and because they haven't met certain of Disney standards, they have to use a regular line.
My TA is with a small Disney-certified agency that has a "diamond/platinum" line. Yes, she's had to wait a bit first thing in the morning, but by afternoon she'd reported a very short wait.
Costco travel also has a line to use to call DCL. They don’t have to wait in the regular line. It is concerning that they can’t reach DCL thru their travel agent line. I put that on Disney.

Costco travel also has a line to use to call DCL. They don’t have to wait in the regular line. It is concerning that they can’t reach DCL thru their travel agent line. I put that on Disney.
There is a travel agent line for any travel agent, but there is an exclusive line for those agencies with actual certification from them. Big box stores don’t meet their requirements for the shorter TA line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter