anyone have 3 people in their party with DAS pass?

ain0004

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney. My one daughter is autistic, we have always gotten her a pass, Another daughter had POTS, and will be getting a PaSS. However, I have another person in the party who will qualify, There are 4 rooms and party of 14., all on my disney experience. Has anyone done anything like this. Everyone will obviously not ride the same times or same things as each has their own limits. I was unsure if anyone has had done this large of party before?

It's doable, but it can be a pain to juggle to make sure each person is only attached to one return time at a time, and if there are rides that everybody wants to ride together it can be a bit of a hassle to coordinate. But very possible, youll just spend a bit more time on your phone in the park. All 3 of my kids qualify for Das but I usually only get one since we mostly ride the same rides and it's simpler. However, I also have pots and once tried to get the Das tied to me instead of the kids to simplify things, and they wouldn't grant it to me. My symptoms resolve if I sit. So they said my needs could be taken care of with a wheelchair or a rollator with seat.

With 3 DAS users in a group of 14 it is highly unlikely you’ll be able to coordinate even a majority of your rides without stressing the DAS users. Maybe your DAS users don’t need the flexibility DAS offers but that still leaves you dealing with 3 separate accounts to book every single ride. Like are you kidding me? Couldn’t pay me to do that nonsense even if the rest of the group was paying for my room, ticket and meals. Also couldn’t pay me for the alternative of coordinating every single ride booking with 2 other people with them controlling the other DAS accounts so I didn’t have to log in, like yikes.

In your shoes I would get the DAS for 1 child. Tell the responsible party/DAS user of the 3rd DAS person about the program so they can apply if they want. From there decide on a ride or two in each park your whole crew can do together each day. That way you can coordinate either ILLs, G+ and DAS, or quiet standby lines that everyone can handle. Everyone gets some time together, stress levels are hopefully kept to a minimum.

If you must ride more than a ride or 2 together a day look at G+ for everyone. As a DAS user myself I couldn’t bear the pressure of knowing if I can’t do a ride up to 14 other people can’t. That alone would lead me to make dangerous decisions- alas you’re dealing with your own children who maybe don’t comprehend that and you would never put them in peril obviously- but others in the group will eventually end up frustrated that hours into the day they still have only rode X or Y because DAS 1, 2 or 3 wasn’t able to. That’s just not a good situation.

If all three are granted DAS (sounds like POTS may not be a DAS qualification?) I still don't think you can have all 14 listed on all 3 DAS. The party member that is not one of your children can apply and co-ordinate their own group though.

I agree with Gottalovepluto. Get at least another adult to help you, this will make the trip so stressful for you and you'll be miserable the whole time.

I am wondering tho, if POTS doesn't qualify and you only get 2 DAS (one for your immediate family with your daughter and one for the person) then that's 12 ppl that can ride together at the most and you will always have 2 party members that can't join you. So you would need to coordinate Genie+ with those 2 members. I am getting stressed just thinking about it haha.

Thank you all I think we are going to get two and get genie plus for the others Our daughter POTS is significant.. A lot depends on the heat. Iff she does well we do not use the pass. Our autistic daughter, is a must. This is where I wish Disney would approve notes from a doctor.

Thank you all I think we are going to get two and get genie plus for the others Our daughter POTS is significant.. A lot depends on the heat. Iff she does well we do not use the pass. Our autistic daughter, is a must. This is where I wish Disney would approve notes from a doctor.
For your daughter with POTS remember you can still have a wait in the line as DAS doesn’t get you to the front of the line. You will be in the line with the LL people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter