Anyone have a Sleep Number bed?

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
We just got one a couple weeks ago and I am having a hard time finding my "number".

We had a TempurPedic for about 14 years (I loved it) but my husband was lately waking up with back pain - saying the mattress was too soft. He's happy with the number being higher and the mattress firmer where I liked the memory foam cushiness.

Anyone go from a TempurPedic or similar to a Sleep Number? I used to love my bed but right now not so much.

Get a Purple mattress. My grown kids have them, and many friends as well. Everyone I know who has one loves it!
Now- last year spent a small fortune on a top end "beautyrest". Yay. So I'm not feeling another expense, as for now we are comfortable. Should have listened and bought the purple. However, we are putting them in all the guest rooms in our new home.

We had one, but got rid of it about a year ago. I HATED it - I could never get the darn number right, and then it developed a leak where I'd wake up in the morning sleeping on the hard board at the bottom of the mattress. I know many people who love them, but they just weren't for us.

My mother and stepfather have one, and they love it! Mom's side's setting is "Hammock" and Stepdad's side's setting is "Plank of Wood," but they both sleep better than they ever slept on a regular mattress.

We've had a Sleep Number for over 10 years. Love it. I too have back issues and love that I can keep my side very firm. Personally, I love a soft bed, but my back doesn't. I have found the perfect combination. Sleep Number on 70, and a nice 4 inch memory foam mattress topper. I got the topper from Ebay, seller bed-dr. Actually recommended to me from someone here on the dis boards. http://www.ebay.com/sch/bed-dr/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

We just got one a couple weeks ago and I am having a hard time finding my "number".

We had a TempurPedic for about 14 years (I loved it) but my husband was lately waking up with back pain - saying the mattress was too soft. He's happy with the number being higher and the mattress firmer where I liked the memory foam cushiness.

Anyone go from a TempurPedic or similar to a Sleep Number? I used to love my bed but right now not so much.

We don't, but my db & sil have had theirs for 17 years and love it. We have had our Temperpedic for 17 years and it has been a good one. I have muscle issues and am ready to try something different. Dh still likes it, not sure if 'any' other mattress would make me feel any better! LOL
Probably will keep our Temperpedic awhile longer.

My db had lots of hip/back issues before getting their Sleep Number bed (actually had a different name then) but has not had 'any' problems since sleeping on theirs.

I remember a few years back, people were reporting 'mold' in their Sleep Numbers. I told db to check theirs, he did, and nothing was wrong with theirs. Haven't heard anything about mold in a while now.

We've had one for about 10 years and like it a lot. @MickeysMommy did you try the method recommended by the manufacturer to find your ideal number? I'm sure it's on line but it's something like (going by memory here) setting the mattress to a minimum number and then increase the number until it feels right to you. It's easier if someone helps you with the remote. :)

I have one that is about 20 years old now. At first it was my primary bed, but I graduated to a Tempurpedic and the sleep number bed is in the spare bedroom. About a year into me using it I got an eggcrate foam topper for it.

Tempurpedic makes mattress toppers; depending on your bed size you might be able to use one or those or another foam topper for your half.

SW

We've had one for about 10 years and like it a lot. @MickeysMommy did you try the method recommended by the manufacturer to find your ideal number? I'm sure it's on line but it's something like (going by memory here) setting the mattress to a minimum number and then increase the number until it feels right to you. It's easier if someone helps you with the remote. :)
Yes, I tried the method to find it. I like "plush" mattresses but this is not one of them. I've been anywhere from 35 to 60 and still unsure. Over time I hope to learn to like it but so far not so much. DH loves it though :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter