• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Have a : SONY Cyber-shot DSC-N1

Shane

Tower of Terror Mad!
Hiya,

Does anyone have an "SONY Cyber-shot DSC-N1 "

If so please tell me what you like about it and is it a good cmaera for a newbie :goodvibes

Hi Shane and welcome to the Photography Board. Personally I have much more experience with Nikon cameras than I have had with Sony so I do not have any hands-on experience with the Cyber-shot. PC Magazine has a good review on there web site at www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1902170,00.asp?kc=PCRSS02129TX1K0000530 which is quite positive. The Sony does use the Memory Stick for storage which is not as price competitive as the Compact Flash or SD memory. According to the article it is a good camera but doesn't quite match up to the Digital Elph. Maybe one of the other members has more information they can share.

Jeff

I have used 1 the past couple weeks (DW friend has it and I've been checking it out for her when we're together).I have 1 on order should be here next week .

The screen is nice but hard to see in dark conditions.No stabilation so you have to hold very still.We used it at Hershey park during the night X-mas time and again in the Nat Aquriem in Baltimore so a very deverse settings.

The extras are just that ,slideshow and music ,video,paint or stamp make this a nice Camera for DW.

When you hit it right the pics are just amazing crop to a 5x7 so zoom is not needed in my opinion.

I work on digital color printers BIG ones so I can't wait to try some 12x18 poster size ones out.

Thanks alot for the help

I was looking at the Digital Elph and its only 7.1 mega pixel, surely it cannot be better than 8.1?

Hi Shane,

Number of pixels should probably not the primary measurement you use to compare cameras. Unless you plan on printing photos greater than 16x20 inches you will probably not be able to tell the difference between a 7 megapixel and an 8 megapixel picture. You should look at the optical capabilities of the lens built into the camera as well as the sensitivity of the digital sensor. These will make the best use of the existing pixels to produce the most realistic image. You should also find a dealer who carries each of these cameras and see which one feels the best. Some cameras the controls are in a more natural location on the camera body to make it comfortable taking pictures. Everyone has their own preferences so that should be a driving factor. Also, if you can take a picture with each of the cameras and compare them side-by-side to see which one produces the image the way you saw it. This will lead to you purchasing a camera that fits your style and make it an enjoyable experience each time you take pictures.

Jeff

I have a Sony W7-7mp camera and love it. I also have an older 4mp camera but like the smaller size of the W7.

It doesn't look like the N1 has a view finder. Sometimes the screen can be difficult to see (in very bright conditions). I wouldn't want a camera without a view finder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter