• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have an old iPod Nano? If so, read this.

Go to apple.com and on
the home page all the way on the left bottom is an entry for nano replacement

I have a very happy DD now! The replacement Nano came in today and it was the silver one.

Waiting on the replacement. Did someone say we could trade it in to upgrade to a different model?

OK, I just checked the Apple site, I sent my nano back right before Christmas. I can't figure out how to check the status of my trade in.

I went to apple. com and went to the service area, and all I see is "getting started" for the trade in.

Interesting we have long since changed our email so I don't think we will be getting this email I'll have to see if I can find mine I know it's somewhere as we had switched to the touches about 3 years ago.

Go to the apple page and click on support in the menus bar. That takes you to a page that one the left lower volume will say check repair status. Click and on the far right of that page is a place to put in your apple/iTunes ID. Good luck!

I think diagnosis pending is their catch all term for this recall... if you tracked the FedEx package back to them, and it has arrived, essentially, you're just waiting for them to package and send back another one - and they'll send you a notice when it ships.

Funny with ours, we got the email notification that it had shipped on the actual day it arrived! I'm sure it's been mentioned before here - you must sign for this package, they won't leave it on the doorstep.

@tammymacb-there was a recall number they told you to keep. That is how you see where you are in the process.

@tinkerbellandeeyor-the website link shows the photo.

Was on teh fence as to whether to send mine back or not..rarely use it. Just decided to request the new one. Hope I don't regret it.

So luckily I don't need 2 send mine in I guess I do not need to send mine in so that is the good news for the day because I can't live with out mine

We got our two today. They are silver ones, newest model.
Our old ones were a mess! One was in a drawer and the other one was used as a portable file drive.

thank you so much for this info~

We would have never heard of it. My DH got his new nano this week. It took about 4 weeks turn around.

Our replacement came today but I just have a delivery tag because no one was home. Hopefully we'll get it tomorrow since someone should be here.

Is there any resale or trade in value on this? DH has gotten attached to DS's Angry Birds game & I'd love to get him a Kindle Fire or Nook Color for his bday in Feb. Otherwise, I know he'll use the nano at the gym. DD got a touch for Christmas so she won't need it anymore.

Sent Ipod (Refurb 1GB bought in May '07 for $79 - I still have the email, LOL) around December 20th.

Email notification January 3rd Ipod received by Apple

Email notification January 11th replacement Ipod shipped

Fedex delivery slip left afternoon of January 13th (the one hour that no one was home!)

8AM today, January 16th, Fedex delivered replacement - 8GB silver

mine STILL says product replacement pending. Its been over a week! gah! I'm hoping it comes soon so I can get it mailed out to my husband before he deploys.

Received mine on Tuesday. Silver iPod Nano, 6th gen, 8g. It's cute and fits the iHome so I can work out and listen to my own playlist. I decided to save up for an iPod Touch or iPad for apps and keep this one for music.

I asked at the Apple store about trading up. The manager said the only option was to recycle it through them for 10% off a different iPod.

You can trade it in for store credit through Radioshack, Gamestop or similar. The value is $60-80.

Not sure what it would be worth on ebay or another online selling site. They'd have to sell as used or refurbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter