Anyone have any experience with TADS??

sksjasams

DIS Veteran
TADS is a company that helps school determine how much financial aid each family should receive. DS14 is considering a parochial high school and we received some info on financial aid. The school will be using TADS for the first time for next year 2013/2014.

I spoke with a friend whose older daughter attended and in the past the school only asked for tax forms, w-2s and the value of your house. The TADS form is very, very extensive.

We have a modest income, we rent our home and drive old cars. DH's mom gave 2 1/2 acres of land to DH and oldest DS - owned jointly, value about 20k. Would we include this as an asset, and would we include 1/2 the value?

When they ask how much can you contribute to the education cost, how do you know what to put? I know they will not grant more than 65% of tuition costs, and I am sure we would not even qualify for that much. We definitely want to qualify for as much as possible.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated...thank you!!

We use this for my son's school. I always put down that I CAN pay for 100% because we can of course or we wouldn't be sending him to a private high school. But we usually get $1250 a year(based on my husband's income) from TADS which helps alot.

My kids church based school also uses TADS and I put in zero because we qualify for as much aid as is available each year.

It is a very extensive application that is for sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter