Anyone have any good ideas for carrying two-way radios.....sm

smarro

Earning My Ears
My radios have plastic belt clips which the radios could easily fall out of. Radio Shack wants at least $10.00 a piece for another type of holder. Before I bought something, I thought I would find out how other people keep track of the two-way radios without them getting lost or dropped. Any ideas?

31 days to go and counting.

You are right not to hook them to your belt. My husband lost his on Dinosuars and they did not recover it. I am still holding out a little bit of hope that they will come across it but that was last week and I have heard nothing.

Unfortunately, if they don't stay on a belt or waistband well, and they need to be "out" in order to make them useful, the only option would be the purchased clip. I have Motorolas and the clip is so strong that I have to fight the thing off my fanny pack.

One tip - put a self-stick address label on the back of your two way (this applies to cameras, camcorders, anything you'd like to get back!). Of course, some folks that found it would simply scrape it off and make it their own, but if it were found by a CM or honest soul, Disney would make sure you got it back.

Don't rely on the clip. My husband had the motorola clipped to his belly bag when it fell off during the ride. I have a pouch that velcros around my belt. It seems much safer but I still wouldn't rely on it for the rougher rides.

Hey all! After reading this post, it has been on my mind...

At Old Navy today, I noticed cell phone holders that would work great for two-ways. They could be clipped to a thin belt or threaded through a belt or fanny pack. The best part of all?? They were $1.99 each. And - semi-nifty looking.

I have use the belt clip for the last 4 trips. I have never had a problem

MIL lost one of them but it was picked up and had our name on it. Another guest called us on the radio and we met them to get it back. In her defense she had never carried a radio before and wasn't paying much attention

There is a brand out there now called Uniden, (i think) that has a clip built into the radio! It's sort of like a D Ring. I carry my park pass and resort ID in a badge holder on a lanyard, so I just clip my radio on the lanyard.

I found exactly what I was looking for today at the sports store when I went to get the kids baseball mits. They are heavy duty fabric holders with straps over the top too making it nearly impossible for the radios to fall out. They also came with straps to be hooked to the handlebars of a bicycle, so we will get a lot of use out of them. They were marked $29.99 a piece, which of course I was not about to pay. They happened to be on clearance though, so I got them for $4.99 a piece.

Thanks to all for all the great tips here. I made out like a bandit getting ready for the trip and watching for sales on things I wanted. I found lanyards at Walmart for .88 a piece, and I found blankets for the car ride on sale at walmart from $10.99 down to $3.00. I grabbed one for everybody figuring at that price it wouldn't matter what happened to them or if they even made it home. Two of them were Disney blankets (Pooh and Mickey with goofty, and one was Nascar). I just finished filling a jar of treats for the ride and for the kids to pick from for the parks each day. I have been filling it with treats I find on sale for a few weeks. There is all kinds of stuff in it. The tips I got from the boards are going to help make the trip great. There were so many things I never would have thought of otherwise.

What is the name of the store? Maybe there's one by me I'm looking for something like that. Thanks.:confused:

The name of the store was Dick's sporting goods. Here is a link to their site.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/home/index.jsp

They were made for motorolla radio and mine are Cobras. I just had to tie a not to tighten up one of the straps and it was fine. I got them at the Scranton, PA store. It is about 40 minutes away or I would offer to run and grab a pair for you. Now that I think of it. I should have grapped a couple of extras for ebay. Darn. Good luck. I hope you find them.

Hey Smarro....

From which direction are you 40 minutes from Scranton? I lived for many years in Binghamton, and have family in Rome, PA, so it always intrigues me to find people from these little places.

I am east of Scranton in the poconos not far off 84 between Scranton and Port Jervis, New York. Where is Rome, PA? Never heard of it. At first I thought I did, but I was thinking of Rome, New York.

Hey there...

So - you must be near the Tannersville Outlets... :)

Rome, PA is near the NY border.... it is a VERY small town.... the nearest "big" town is Towanda.

LOL, yes about a half hour from there. Funny thing, I never go there. I guess I will start this spring. So funny how you'll drive a long distance to get to a place like that but never go to the ones near you. We were there about three weeks ago though. Loved the new Coleman store but did not get to see much else. That area and Stroudsburg has great shopping these days. Scranton has gotten really built up too. For living out in the boonies, there is great shopping within fairly short distances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter