Anyone have any good WDW b-day tips?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
2002 will be our year for celebrating b-days at WDW. We will be heading down twice to celebrate both of our boys' birthdays, in July and then during Chrismas. I would love to hear neat things that were done to make birthdays really special. Where did you eat? Did your resort do anything special? I am thinking of doing the birthday cruise for our July trip. Anyone done this? Is it worth it? Our boys will be turning 11 and 13. Thanks!

There are many things to do on a birthday at WDW. At the Contemporary if you tell them that you have a b-day person they usually bring up a little gift sometime during your stay. At Tony's resturant in MK, it depends on what waiter or waitress you have. Some bring only a card while others bring cake and/or ice cream for everyone at the table. Also, if you go to Town Hall in MK and ask for a button to pin on your shirt that says "Today is my Birthday". You get a lot of attention wearing this. Trust me!At O'hana at the Polynesian, the Hawaiian singer will sing his version of "Happy Birthday"I even saw a cast member give a little birthday boy a pin off his lanyard.

I am spending the day at Epcot for my birthday on Friday. I will wear a shirt with something like "today is my sweet 16" on the front and plenty of space for friends and characters to sign. I am also going to wear my guest of honor badge.

Oh yeah!:smooth:

My birthday coincided with my honeymoon at Disney Land. We got on the Stroybook Canal Boats and there was a young girl on my boat who was also having a birthday. The family was talking in Spanish. I smiled and wished her 'Happy Birthday' and said it was mine, too. A CM asked what we were talking about and I said it was both our birthdays. At the end of the ride, we were both presented with 'It's My Birthday' stickers with our names written in. From then on, every CM at every ride and attraction wished me 'Happy Birthday'. It was really cool. Next time, I'll hit Town Hall for those nifty buttons...:)

I spent my 34th birthday at the WDW...I had found a great pin that said "Kiss me its my Birthday"..really cute pin purple with ballons on it..so...in the MK a CM called me to the phone because I had a special call waiting for me...it was goofy wishing me a Happy Birthday. At the 1900 Park Faire I was given a cupcake with a candle and wished Happy Birthday, and at Epcot, the CM's at the Millenium Village food area gathered to sing me Happy Birthday as did the Voices of Liberty they even gave me a certificate to remember the experience.
It was wonderful.

This year we are celebrating our 10th anniversary so last night I made us Anniversary Pins to wear in the parks...I'll let you know what happens...

Our twin daughters turned 6 on our last trip to WDW. First of all we told the campground (or you could tell the hotel if you are not camping as long as you are on property) and they left a note for the girls to come and get a gift from Chip and Dale. We got signed photo cards from them for each girl and a pressed penny book for each of them.
Then we went to Town Hall at the Magic Kingdom and got the birthday buttons and the phone call from goofy. Guests and Cast Members made sure to stop and wish them a happy birthday. They also got to be picked to go up and dance at the Bear in the Big Blue House show because it was their birthday.
Then because they are girls we had reservations for the Crystal Palace for breakfast, don't know that I would pick there for boys though. We told them it was their birthday and they each got a cupcake, for breakfast even, and a magical memories certificate that each of the characters signed.
We also had gifts of a lifetime set up a scavanger hunt for them and they had to follow clues to go on certain rides and then find a gift that was left for them in one of the stores. They thought it was so cool that Mickey did all of that for them.
It will live on as one of our best Disney memories for a long time. Make it memorable and have a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter