Anyone have ideas for trip journal pages for a preschooler?

BoxerMom7

Earning My Ears
I need ideas for trip journal pages layout/decorations for a trip journal for an almost 5 year old who's just "getting into" crafts/scrapping (she's been watching Mom and Oma doing it for 2 years and wants to do "her own thing"). I've seen the downloads at themouseforless.com and they're pretty nice, but we want to do things on our own (try explaining to an almost 5 year old that there's no need to re-invent the wheel!) <G> :rolleyes:

My DD is 4 and would love to get her hands on my scrapbook stuff. Is there stuff out there for that young of kids? Hmmmmmm.... good Christmas idea :)

There is a Princess Scrapbook that I saw at Barnes and Noble. It is spiral bound and the pages have princesses on them. There are stickers and rubber stamps with it. We have the Dora one. My daughter loves it. She makes her own scrapbook with me.

I am planning on finding her something like that for this trip. Like our last trip, I will get each of my girls (4 and 8) their own disposable camera. They can take their own pictures and make their own scrapbook.

When you said journaling pages, I was thinking of the ones where the kids have to write stuff about their day. My four year old is too young for that stuff, unless I write it for her. What I did for my other daugther when she was four was I asked her a bunch of questions about our trip like where we stayed, her favorite ride, how much she thought it cost to go to Disney World, etc. I wrote the answers exactly like she said them. Her favorite character was the Very God Mother. Her favorite ride was Big Funder Mountain. It's really cute.

If I can find that scrapbook, I will give you a link.

I am working on trip journal for my 3 sons. I am going to use the larger spiral scrapebooks and paste pages in for them to complete. I plan on have the twins (age 5) draw pictures and add a capition under them for them, while my older son will write.
Some pages I have planned are
-We are leaving for Disney draw a picture of how you feel
(or write how you feel.)
-Draw what yu like to do on the drive to Disney
( for older DS- Tell me the best things you can do during the long drive to disney) )
-Draw a picture of our hotel and our hotel room.
(for older DS- Describe our hotel and hotel room)
-For each day - What was your favorited thing we did or saw today

I am using a different shirt design for each cover and plan to make the boy's autograph books match.

I would love anyone's ideas too. :flower:
Janell

Madi100 said:
When you said journaling pages, I was thinking of the ones where the kids have to write stuff about their day. My four year old is too young for that stuff, unless I write it for her. What I did for my other daugther when she was four was I asked her a bunch of questions about our trip like where we stayed, her favorite ride, how much she thought it cost to go to Disney World, etc. I wrote the answers exactly like she said them. Her favorite character was the Very God Mother. Her favorite ride was Big Funder Mountain. It's really cute.

If I can find that scrapbook, I will give you a link.

I was looking to do the same as you with your 4 yo---Sara can write things, but I was going to ask her questions each day about the day and write her answers for her, letting her add drawings or her own items that were special to her (like her card that "Minnie Mouse" aka Mommy) sent her today.
That would be great if you could get me the link to that scrapbook you mentioned.

Ohhhhh, only ELEVEN MORE DAYS! Almost doing the single digit dance! whoo-hoo! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter