anyone have pics they can share of Holiday Dine and H&V?

camnhan

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide if we want to try and walk up to get seated during our trip next week? Wondering about what goes on during the meal and how the characters are dressed.
Thanks!

I did H&V in September. The characters were dressed in Halloween costumes, stopped, waved, interacted with us, etc. The food was fall-themed with Halloween names ("Spooky Squash"). The Desserts were Halloween-themed with sugar eyeballs, bats, cats, pumpkins, etc. They played Halloween or Spooky songs (one of the few times I have heard Season of the Witch!). The characters just walk around and stop at tables. They interact with diners, pose for pictures, and then slowly make their merry way around the table. Minnie herself is at the front, taking pictures as her guests arrive.

There are links and reviews and I'm sure people have more pics, but I'm confident that the Holiday Dine is similar, but with Christmas theming.

It's a standard character dining experience. I don't know if you'll get a walk-up as Disney encourages use of ADRs. Check your app and there is likely an ADR available the evening you want.

We were there last week - one of the last nights for Halloween theme- Halloween Minnie Mouse was doing the main photo and the other characters came to the tables in Halloween costumes - Donald, Daisy, Goofy & Mickey. Right now they have Christmas outfits - I heard the main photo is Santa Goofy. I heard a woman go up to the podium while we were waiting to ask about walk ups and they told her to check the app for a reservation.

I would not try to just walk up and get a reservation at H&V. Keep trying to get an ADR b/c it will be almost impossible for them to take walk ups with such a popular restaurant.

We have tried for an ADR and so far no luck for either lunch of dinner while we are there. will keep trying but hoping that we might be able to at least walk up....even if we had to come back later

Dinner is a buffet, and characters walk around and stop at your table like at other character meals if you have been - Mickey, Minnie, Donald & Daisy. We had good interaction with them - they were all a lot of fun, Daisy sat down in empty chair and flirted with older gentleman while his wife was up at buffet! You can see Mickey photo bombing us, and Daisy getting silly with the camera.IMG_20151222_171714.jpg IMG_20151222_165705.jpg IMG_20151222_165742.jpg Had pic with Santa Goofy at the beginning. Holiday costumes are beautiful - traditional dresses/suits - very dapper! Food is nothing to write home about, but enjoyed the experience. Agree that I would keep looking for an ADR, especially couple days before. You could try the Touring Plans reservation finder - free and most in here have had good success with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter