• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have quality outdoor deck furniture?

Frwinkley

DIS Veteran
We are building a new home and it will have a covered porch. Previously, we've had decks with no cover and have purchased cheap furniture that doesn't look nice beyond a few seasons.

We'd like to buy something that will last a good long time, but Polywood is expensive. Since the porch with be covered, is is really necessary to buy something that can endure the elements as if the porch wasn't covered?

I'd love to know if anyone has had success with a less expensive brand.

I have a Polywood table and chairs. Worth the money - have had this set 10 yrs and it is not covered in winter - no fading at all

We are building a new home and it will have a covered porch. Previously, we've had decks with no cover and have purchased cheap furniture that doesn't look nice beyond a few seasons.

We'd like to buy something that will last a good long time, but Polywood is expensive. Since the porch with be covered, is is really necessary to buy something that can endure the elements as if the porch wasn't covered?

I'd love to know if anyone has had success with a less expensive brand.
Well, we bought from Polywood and also bought Polywood-type furniture from Palm Casual. Basically, we looked at what we wanted, priced out the pieces at each place and bought the piece at whichever place had it cheaper. It's not cheap but we also only wanted to buy it once.

Check out Costco they have some beautiful patio sets for sale. I have a covered patio and the sets definitely hold up longer not exposed to the rain and beating sun. I have a slate top counter height table and aluminum chair set that still looks new and it’s 7 yes old.

We have a high top glass table and six chairs that we’ve had for close to 30 yrs! I don’t know what brand it is. The frame is just starting to show some fading of color under the glass, I may take it apart and try some spray paint next spring since it’s held up so well. Tempting to get something new but this is still good. Wish I could be more help.

Partly depends on your budget, how much work you want to have to do to maintain and how long you want them to last. There are now several companies who make composite wood type furniture. Doesn't fade in the sunlight or require that you constantly re-stain them. Many companies also make various types of aluminum furniture with cushions. Wicker is also popular and stands up well to the elements. Mildew could still be an issue even with a covered porch since there will be condensation when temperatures fall at night compared to daytime. Always want to get something intended for outdoor use.

Bought one of those small composite tables as a plant stand on our front porch. Even though it is always in the shade, the composite table still looks brand new after 2 years. The wood table we used to have required re-staining twice a year due to being outside.

I would not recommend wicker - it’s hard to clean..

We have a very nice set from Costco, ours is not under a cover, we do put covers on it when we're not using it. Very comfortable and 6 or 7 years old now and still looks brand new.

I have some good pieces from chilton furniture, bought all of them on black friday sale two years ago. Maybe it is not a bad idea to call chilton furniture customer service and see if they are planning a good sale again this year. Sometimes they even allow your to reserve some peaces, but of course they do it not officially

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter