Anyone have sauce recipes for crockpot wieners?

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
Need to take them to a potluck Christmas party. I once had a great "drunken weiner" recipe but I can't find it. I don't even remember what the alcohol was - I'm thinking beer. I plan to use the little smokies from Sam's but need a nice sauce.

My MIL uses a jar of grape jelly and a bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce. She uses it for weiners and meatballs. Makes a good sauce. Hmmmm, alcohol huh? How about Jack Daniels like the sauce for the TGIF Jack Daniels steaks. If you are intereted in that one I can look it up for ya!

Good luck in your search!

I found 2 drunken recipes. Hope these help.

Drunk Dogs

1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons whiskey
1 pound cocktail wieners

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the ketchup,
brown sugar, whiskey and cocktail wieners. Reduce heat and
simmer 1 hour.

Drunken Dogs

2 (16 ounce) packages beef frankfurters, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup light brown sugar
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer

In a medium saucepan, place the frankfurters, brown
sugar and beer. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer at
least 1 hour.

I have never tried this with little smokies but try Yellow mustard and a jar of Currant jelly. Yummy these are my favorite!! Currant jelly is often hard to find. Not sure where you live but Gaint always carries it.

We use grape jelly and ketchup. Throw that in a crockpot with sliced kielbasa.....yum yum!!

I'm lazy but ppl must like it b/c there's never any left
Weinies and Honey bbq sauce thrown in crock pot and stirred occasionally.

I made this recipe for my Holiday Open Houses for years.

It is so easy because it cooks itself in the crock pot.

Put in little hot dogs or smokies or I have even sliced cooked smoked sausage.

Add equal parts of Ketchup
Brown Sugar
Bourbon (I just used a cheap brand)

With the lid OFF of the crockpot, let it crock for at least 6 hours or until the sauce thickens and the booze reduces down. It is important to keep the lid off of the crock pot or the sauce will not thicken but stay too liquidy.

These are so yummy. I used to serve them with the cocktail rye bread and always got rave reviews! Let me know if you try them!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter